Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who took you to your first Brighton game...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My Dad ...who today has reached the grand age of 90 ...late sixties at home to Torquay Utd....thanks for everything Dad

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My dad, at home to Swindon 1976, we even stood in the NS, amazing start to my Albion craze :)

Umm, that was my first game too!

I was given a lift to the ground on the back of the chaplain's motorbike, but he wasn't interested in watching the game, so went in alone. NS too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I took myself and not sure when

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My schoolfriend's dad took me. My friend, who went on to become a Brighton dance DJ, sadly died in his early 30s.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My father. My first actual game was the England u21s against Norway. I loved it so much I then asked to go and see Brighton play; first Albion match was against Bolton Oct 8th 1977.

boik

My Grandad - early 70s against Cardiff I think. On the way home he said "worst game of football ever I've seen". "You going next time Grandad?". "Yes of course I am". I think we had that conversation after most matches!

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
A lovely teenage girl called Liz, back in 1971, a 2-0 loss to Halifax. I was 7 and smitten - with the Albion. Liz was lovely too and continued to take me along to games for a few years, albeit as her folks and mine were friends. I remember she was into David Bowie and America. I do wonder if she still watches the Albion - anyway, thank you Liz for the pleasure (and pain) I have had following the Albion ever since.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My dad eary 70s, can't remember the exact game but I'm sure it was 72/73 season, unfortunately he isn't alive to ask.
My dad didn't come from Sussex but moved to Brighton with his job, so Albion were not his first team, but he enjoyed watching football, especially Brighton, and I'm lucky he took me to home and some away games.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My Dad ...who today has reached the grand age of 90 ...late sixties at home to Torquay Utd....thanks for everything Dad

My Dad [and uncle] - Boxing day 1967 v Gillingham [I have the programme] - Dad turned 90 last Monday too coincidentally.

So this coming boxing day will be my 50th anniversary - must confess, not always been a regular, but always looked out for the Albion results and league position and very very proud to call myself a BHA fan.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My dad. He would have been 97 last week, but sadly died when we were at our lowest ebb at the start of 1998.

That game was in January 1970 and was Alan Duffy's debut. We stood in the North West corner. Me on his toolbox, which I still have.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody. I was 11. I walked from Portslade to the Goldstone and back, with my mate Andy, also 11, and our brothers, both aged 8. We stood behind the South goal and watched the Albion beat Barrow 4-2. When we scored, we threw our blue and white bobble hats (knitted by our mums) into the air.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here