0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tigertim68 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think we won that match 2-1
      Did we? That is FANTASTIC news
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

3 Not allowed!
      My uncle collected me from the foster home and told me that today was a very important day that you will remember forever and that my grandad would be proud (he died before I was born and was vicar of St Barnabas on Sackville) of me.

Tottenham 1977

I don't remember much about the game to be honest, he was very angry at times even though we won (I later learned he likes a scrap) and I never went again for several years but he sowed the seeds.

When your young and kinda lost you need a connection, The Abion are mine because that's where I am from, and music because that's how I feel.

He is very ill at the moment and lives in Yorkshire now I send him programs and the Argus every now and again I owe him that.
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by papajaff View Post
      Doc, I too remember having to get in to the North back in the 70's as early as 1.30 to get where we wanted to be. 90 minutes of having nothing to do apart from banter and having to watch the hallowed Goldstone turf. Great great days!

I don't think they let us in any earlier hence the 1.30 memory.
      Indeed. And I used to go on the East Terrace. Thing was, I needed somthing to lean on (undiagnosed scoliosis) and without that I would have backache after 2 minutes free-standing. So I arrived when I had to arrive. Then, a few minutes before KO, some tall tit would stand in front of me.

It is all LOVELY, now, in WSU
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      My Dad in about 1988.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Actually, no. I first bumped into 'AFW' (with his splendid dad, if I recall rightly) in a football context, at a BHA game, at the Swindon playoff semi, not so long ago, in the great scheme of life's mysterious stream. On NSC I had to poke him quite heavily before he remembered me, a while ago. Despite living 3 doors away for about 15 years, we didn't interact greatly. His brother Neil and my brother Graham had a splendid time, though, playing together regularly then getting into fights. Well, handbags. It was hugly amusing.

All the best from sunny Kent. Oh, hang on, it's gone all dark....
      As they say, it's a small world, you'll always have a chance of bumping into someone from your childhood, somewhere down the line.
      I know AFW, from where I work now, although he's moved on, I still work with people who know him, all good though.
      Most lads I grew up with supported Liverpool, so I was the lone Albion fan, not so bad, you get to meet others on the way to the games, travelling on the train

0 Not allowed!
      I was 12 I went on my own we had recently moved to hove I am the only one in my close family to like football I believe the game was wolves finished 1-1 1991
      Members
      somewhere between Worcestershire, Somerset or Amsterdam

2 Not allowed!
      I lived in London, not much more than a stone's throw from The Valley but each summer I was sent to stay with my nan who lived in St Paul's Street off Lewes Road. I spent every day of every summer at the County Ground watching anything from County games to the Martlets. When my parents joined us for their holiday it coincided with Albion's first ever game in the old Division 2 against Aston Villa. My dad took me along although he had less interest in football than the egg chasing game. We stood just under the West Stand by the tunnel & I remember you could smell the linament as the players ran out. Despite our losing on that day, and despite regularly watching Charlton I was hooked & I've been an Albion fan from that day forward. For years until we moved down to live in Hove my nan sent me Monday's Argus sports pages every week.
      Last edited by severnside gull; 20-08-2017 at 22:08.
      August 1959 - August 2017
      58 years following the Albion
      Members
      Deep in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales

0 Not allowed!
      1st Heathfield Cub Scouts trip. South Stand seats. 1969. Albion 3 Crewe A 1. I remember looking up at the North Stand with all the colour and noise and knew that's where I wanted to be next time. Which is exactly what happened. Against Port Vale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Everybody's dead, Dave.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      My friend took me who was a Palace fan ironically Brighton wolves august 1991 3 3 draw