Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Members
    The Brighton and Hove Border. Just orf The Drove in Brighton not Hove

1 Not allowed!
    My Dad 1976. I am sure it was home to York. Also a strong memory for Peter Grummit's testimonial. The bright orange cinder track and Mullers taking to the field and stroking it about. My dad Ben took me to that as well.
    I don't care what you say to me. The whole first season at The Amex, I went to all Gus Poyet's pre match press conferences. I asked the great man what I wanted , when I wanted. It's something money can't buy.

!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      My friends Dad. It was my friends birthday, Shrewsbury February 1968
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The chief cartoonist 1977-79 i.e. My dad. Free tickets

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve In Marbella View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      My friends Dad. It was my friends birthday, Shrewsbury February 1968
      Steve, you've got to post more often.

You're averaging one post every 3.5 years right now and I detect great potential in you.

When others on here type garbage without thinking, NSC needs thoughtful members like you to step up.

1 Not allowed!
      My Brother in law was a regular in the late sixties and stopped going when he got married had kids etc.

He started going again when he went with some mates to the Scarborough match in the FA Cup (A 23000 normal priced crowd v a non league side)

mentioned it to me and said he'd take me to the next match, I was only 10 and hated football as did my parents and my brother and sister.

The match was a 5-1 victory over Mansfield with Wardy scoring a hatrick, the rest re:the football was history.

I looked up to my Brother in law in many ways, but within 5 years my sister had left him due to a violent and abusive marriage, it was hard to dislike a man i one looked up to and stayed in touch for a while, however before long his schizophrenia had taken hold and with his medication before long he barely recognised me.

My sister got on with her life, and the kids have contact with him and although I no longer see him (reasons I won't go into) I often look back at my first ever match and am eternally greatful to him for a lifetime of pleasure and pain of supporting the Albion and my subsequent involvement with my local non league club which in turn is passed on to my young son guaranteeing him a lifetime of good friends

1 Not allowed!
      My big brother, 1966. I was 5 and remember thinking it was just amazing. I was hooked and still am. No idea who we played.

First away game was at Bournemouth, April 1972 just before my 11th birthday. Thank heavens I found the Albion.
      Visiting NYC? Please get to Foleys on 33rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. My mates bar and very Albion / sport friendly.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by foul old ron View Post
      My dad, an Arsenal fan, took me to the Goldstone to see us play Reading in a top of the table clash back in the early 70's. The stands were rammed and I couldn't see much despite standing on my orange box.
      Crikey, that was a horrible match. Me and my chums (the same trio I mentioned elsewhere) spent the whole match hanging off the fence that separated the SW corner from the West stand (posh seats). It was so packed that was as far as we could get. All we saw was a goalkeeper taking the ball out of the net. I think we lost 1-2. What did we learn? Get there earlier - and we did - used to get in as early as 1.30 after that. FFS.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Crikey, that was a horrible match. Me and my chums (the same trio I mentioned elsewhere) spent the whole match hanging off the fence that separated the SW corner from the West stand (posh seats). It was so packed that was as far as we could get. All we saw was a goalkeeper taking the ball out of the net. I think we lost 1-2. What did we learn? Get there earlier - and we did - used to get in as early as 1.30 after that. FFS.
      Doc, I too remember having to get in to the North back in the 70's as early as 1.30 to get where we wanted to be. 90 minutes of having nothing to do apart from banter and having to watch the hallowed Goldstone turf. Great great days!

I don't think they let us in any earlier hence the 1.30 memory.
      Visiting NYC? Please get to Foleys on 33rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. My mates bar and very Albion / sport friendly.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      I think we won that match 2-1
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      Is the Andy from Wiltshire?
      Actually, no. I first bumped into 'AFW' (with his splendid dad, if I recall rightly) in a football context, at a BHA game, at the Swindon playoff semi, not so long ago, in the great scheme of life's mysterious stream. On NSC I had to poke him quite heavily before he remembered me, a while ago. Despite living 3 doors away for about 15 years, we didn't interact greatly. His brother Neil and my brother Graham had a splendid time, though, playing together regularly then getting into fights. Well, handbags. It was hugly amusing.

All the best from sunny Kent. Oh, hang on, it's gone all dark....
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre