Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobic Leicester fans

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You're being too mean modest.

If we want to rid the U.K. Of Islamic terror the Govt could introduce measures that would deal with that constituency of the population.

But then that would be politically unacceptable, wholly extreme and practally disproportionate........in principle then not disimilar to your proposal.

I rest my case.

What case? Empty case of lager from the sound of your post?

How is my suggestion "politically unacceptable"? It's far more intolerable to turn a blind eye to homophobia in football.

Or was my post just a way to shoehorn your unrelated political opinion into the thread?

Jan 30, 2008
Up at Palace when we drew 1-1 I was in the Holmsdale and they were singing more about taking it up the arse than they were supporting their own team. Millwall down at the Amex like to accuse us all of having AIDS. However i was once in the Millwall end at Selhurst (don't ask) and Millwall thought it was hilarious to change the words of that shitty woah woah song to "you take it up the arse...,you take it up the arse.." so it's clearly those lads with the obsession for it.
THE PINK LIONS ???
regards
DR

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
What case? Empty case of lager from the sound of your post?

How is my suggestion "politically unacceptable"? It's far more intolerable to turn a blind eye to homophobia in football.

Or was my post just a way to shoehorn your unrelated political opinion into the thread?

If intrusive mass surveillance (over and above what already exists for crowd safety) of football fans attending football matches is the solution to this problem then you can have it, but if that is yours solution then why not apply the same heavy handed approach elsewhere? Give the Police and other organs of the state full unrestricted access to all email accounts, whatsapp etc.

I am not making a political point I am making a point about criminality in relation to terrorism. You appear to have the answers in relation to offensive chanting so let's roll the dial forward to where it REALLY matters.

Sadly I think many of our politicians would love the idea.......I severely doubt the general public would have the same appetite.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Don't the police use cameras on weekend nights down West Street (and other similar areas). I am sure i heard that they found that pointing cameras at people was an effective way to eradicate violent behavior.

I think the go pro idea is a pretty good one. The human rights issue of hyper surveillance is surely a moot point given all the CCTV cameras at and around grounds. This way the cameras can be honed in on those behaving anti socially.

Of course the point about this measure not tackling global terrorism is a good one and would need to be addressed before a scheme was set up :)

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Could you try to be a bit more pompous please. This isn't up to your usual standard. Despite being really pompous.

For you chicken i will save my absolute best.

I love threads like this with all the sanctimonious invective, and outrage that is lacking in other threads concerning terrorism etc.

These threads allow for unrestricted prejudice against the "pot bellied" football fans that have the temerity to consume (say) 10 pints when going to the football *gasps in horror*.

This is veiled prejudice, because what that really means is the awful working class.

If only football could be more like Glyndebourne many on here would be happy......with a drum obviously.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Don't the police use cameras on weekend nights down West Street (and other similar areas). I am sure i heard that they found that pointing cameras at people was an effective way to eradicate violent behavior.

I think the go pro idea is a pretty good one. The human rights issue of hyper surveillance is surely a moot point given all the CCTV cameras at and around grounds. This way the cameras can be honed in on those behaving anti socially.

Of course the point about this measure not tackling global terrorism is a good one and would need to be addressed before a scheme was set up :)

Sure and if polls by the Met and other police groups roll into policy then they will all be carrying guns soon too.

Wonderful.....#britishvalues #thetwontchangeus #westanddefiant.

Ignorance is strength.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For you chicken i will save my absolute best.

I love threads like this with all the sanctimonious invective, and outrage that is lacking in other threads concerning terrorism etc.

These threads allow for unrestricted prejudice against the "pot bellied" football fans that have the temerity to consume (say) 10 pints when going to the football *gasps in horror*.

This is veiled prejudice, because what that really means is the awful working class.

If only football could be more like Glyndebourne many on here would be happy......with a drum obviously.

Reading this reminds me of groups who claim prejudice when their right to be prejudicial is taken away.

I'm sure the 'working class', of which I am one, will cope with not being allowed to make demeaning chants about sexuality.

Let me now smash the 'snowflake' shuttlecock back into your court...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sure and if polls by the Met and other police groups roll into policy then they will all be carrying guns soon too.

Wonderful.....#britishvalues #thetwontchangeus #westanddefiant.

Ignorance is strength.

Yeah but how is not giving police guns going to solve the global population crisis

#downwiththet

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Reading this reminds me of groups who claim prejudice when their right to be prejudicial is taken away.

I'm sure the 'working class', of which I am one, will cope with not being allowed to make demeaning chants about sexuality.

Let me now smash the 'snowflake' shuttlecock back into your court...

Of course you think I'm pushing a prejudicial point, you disagree with me. That is the default response from some people in debates these days. The fact is, we both know that the threats that are vexing Police Forces in Europe today are not offensive chanting at football matches.

That doesn't mean nothing should be done but there is a quid pro quo, whether that is costs or (as advocated by some) our own individual civil liberties. And if we have to sacrifice that due to pot bellied working class football fans that have the temerity to drink 10 pints at a game, then we should have no concern ratcheting it up for the cohort in the general population that are causing much greater problems.

Smash back the shuttlecock when you like, Badminton is so working class.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A football fan who directed homophobic abuse at opposition fans has been fined £300 and ordered to pay £85 in court costs.

Leicester City supporter Jason Holmes, 44, was also hit with a £30 victim surcharge after shouting an offensive term during a match against Brighton on August 19.

Holmes, of Mossgate, Leicester, admitted a charge of indecent chanting contrary to section 3 of the Football Offences Act after voluntarily attending an educational session provided by the Kick it Out campaign against discrimination in football.

Commenting on the case, Janine Smith from the CPS, said: "The CPS takes all forms of discrimination seriously and has an important part to play in eliminating it from football.

"This offence was treated as a homophobic hate crime.

"The CPS contacted Kick it Out about the educational sessions they provide and Jason Holmes was offered such a session to help him understand the full impact of his behaviour, which he attended.

"The contribution of Kick it Out to this case has ensured that, as well as facing the consequences of his actions, this defendant will understand why his actions were so unacceptable."

Roisin Wood, chief executive of Kick It Out, said: "Through our work with the Crown Prosecution Service and Leicester City Football Club, we were able to recommend a course of action which ensured that Jason would understand the full impact of his homophobic behaviour.

"At Kick It Out, we encourage rehabilitation through education for individuals or groups that act in a discriminatory manner, where appropriate."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15536030.Football_fan_handed_fine_for_homophobic_abuse/

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A football fan who directed homophobic abuse at opposition fans has been fined £300 and ordered to pay £85 in court costs.

Leicester City supporter Jason Holmes, 44, was also hit with a £30 victim surcharge after shouting an offensive term during a match against Brighton on August 19.

Holmes, of Mossgate, Leicester, admitted a charge of indecent chanting contrary to section 3 of the Football Offences Act after voluntarily attending an educational session provided by the Kick it Out campaign against discrimination in football.

Commenting on the case, Janine Smith from the CPS, said: "The CPS takes all forms of discrimination seriously and has an important part to play in eliminating it from football.

"This offence was treated as a homophobic hate crime.

"The CPS contacted Kick it Out about the educational sessions they provide and Jason Holmes was offered such a session to help him understand the full impact of his behaviour, which he attended.

"The contribution of Kick it Out to this case has ensured that, as well as facing the consequences of his actions, this defendant will understand why his actions were so unacceptable."

Roisin Wood, chief executive of Kick It Out, said: "Through our work with the Crown Prosecution Service and Leicester City Football Club, we were able to recommend a course of action which ensured that Jason would understand the full impact of his homophobic behaviour.

"At Kick It Out, we encourage rehabilitation through education for individuals or groups that act in a discriminatory manner, where appropriate."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15536030.Football_fan_handed_fine_for_homophobic_abuse/

Presumably all the others just haven't reached court yet?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This victim surcharge...I was at the game along with 3,000 others so do we all get a share of the £30 he had to pay?

No, it goes to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, to deal with compensation claims from people who have been physically or mentally injured because they were the blameless victim of a violent crime in England, Scotland or Wales.

I don't think nasty chanting is classed as violent.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No, it goes to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board, to deal with compensation claims from people who have been physically or mentally injured because they were the blameless victim of a violent crime in England, Scotland or Wales.

I don't think nasty chanting is classed as violent.

Speak for yourself. I nearly screamed for a policeman.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bet his mates are giving him dogs abuse for having to attend that course lol.

Thought would be a ban the way they dish them out now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Speak for yourself. I nearly screamed for a policeman.

There's a Victim surcharge on most magistrate's cases, including motoring offences, like speeding, bald tyres etc.

It doesn't apply to the 'victim' of that particular offence, unfortunately. It all goes into a central pot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here