Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conor Hourihane

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think that it was during Gus time that we had a scout based in Europe. Zaragrande or similar name.

Could Fabian Delph be a similar type option? I was going to suggest Sami Nasri but his wage would probably be stupid by our standards.

I think Nasri has just signed a four million a year contract in Turkey

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It must be an awful lot easier to monitor players from the English leagues though, (Vardy and Delli Ali are good examples). I wonder how often, and over what period of time the likes of Ryan or Izquieido were watched for. Probably not as often, and not for so long.

Bruges is about 3 hours from London by train, isn't it? Admittedly, Forest Green and MK are closer but it's not too tricky to pop to Belgium on a Saturday afternoon.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bruges is about 3 hours from London by train, isn't it? Admittedly, Forest Green and MK are closer but it's not too tricky to pop to Belgium on a Saturday afternoon.

Thank heavens for the channel tunnel! I take your point though. Maybe my examples weren't very good ones, but certainly it may still hold true if we were trying to monitor players in further flung parts of Europe, and the world.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Vardy from Stevenage? Forest Green for £1m I believe. Lots expected of him at that price at that time and from non league.

Deli was a class apart and clearly so.

Both completely different from this guy. Question I have is that if we really are interested why now? Why not when he was at Barnsley and available?

Vardy was at Fleetwood.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Similar to what we hope Propper will be. Don't need both..... maybe we did look at both

I still have faith that Davy Propper will turn out to be a very good signing for us, although he has looked to rush things a bit when he has been on the ball in his first couple of games, he has also shown a few nice little touches too. Once he adpats to the pace of the Premier League he will be just fine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last season Stephens was able to sit on the ball, do a little turn which gave him time and space but he is unable to do that this season as he is closed down very quickly, but it will come as he gets used to the tempo of the game in the Premier. He is too good a player to not realize this and it will happen.

peckham seagull

Apr 3, 2014
1534629789c796c95cb9bc5526f244d0.png
Andy Naylor just tweeted this but deleted it minutes later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here