Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD Coverage

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
[MENTION=19156]warmleyseagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=13683]Cowfold Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=33845]Johnny RoastBeef[/MENTION]

25 points is more than Sunderland got last season.

I'm not being defeatest in the slightest. Just realistic. Of course I hope we stay up. But we are not going to win or draw as many games as we have become accustomed to. And I suspect the squad know this and are preppared for it.

Isn't predicting that we will be defeated the majority of our games, by default, VERY defeatist?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Hmmm. The bits they picked out on Maguire were pretty impressive - wonder how nobody seemed to notice him being that good at Hull last season? Well done, Leicester recruitment team, perhaps.

Our slow build up disconnection with the forwards and general toothlessness may have given him the opportunity to look his best. Nobody seemed to be singing his praises when he was in a defence that conceded four against Arsenal last week, but as I said, the world of 606 means that you are either brilliant or useless and never anything in between.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Our slow build up disconnection with the forwards and general toothlessness may have given him the opportunity to look his best. Nobody seemed to be singing his praises when he was in a defence that conceded four against Arsenal last week, but as I said, the world of 606 means that you are either brilliant or useless and never anything in between.
606?

I was watching MoTD......

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Each of the pundits watches two matches live (early/3pm and 3pm/late) and keeps a broad eye on the others. They clearly left our game to Lineker, so it's hardly surprising the focus was on Leicester.

The MOTD editor probably decided it was too early for throwaway kneejerk reactions on a newly promoted club. Very sensible in my view, I'd rather wait for a considered opinion after more games.

PG

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
I know these pundits were very good in their day but some of them come across as stuck up and bitter!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Still **** all coverage of our performance with only plucky Bournemouth talked about. I know I will get plenty of 'good as we lost' responses but the level of analysis is pathetic in its bias

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still **** all coverage of our performance with only plucky Bournemouth talked about. I know I will get plenty of 'good as we lost' responses but the level of analysis is pathetic in its bias

It was so skewed towards the eventual winners of the game. To contrast with the reality of Friday night, 5Live who were actually there, who praised under control of the game and Stephens.

All swept under the carpet tonight, the fault of the programme, not Lineker, Shearer and Neville who follow the highlights handed to them and the narrative always praising the winner.

I turned over to miss their goals, I hold my hands up to being a bad loser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here