Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD Coverage

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Hilarious. When we get round to winning one, wait for Lineker to focus on asking what went wrong for the other team to not beat us. Total bell-end.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought it was quite funny that they did not mention Brighton even once! Not once.

What did you want Lineker and the two pundits to say? agree that Brighton were heading back to the Championship at the end of the season? because almost certainly that is what they would have said.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Unless we want our players having their defensive mistakes pulled apart on national television we can thank our stars this one was overlooked and hope we get a better mention following our first win

Watching the extended highlights on Sky, we did get the ball in the net - although it was clearly offside - and a fairly good shout for a penalty.

And it looked to me as if Duffy was being held down for the penalty..... but I may be wrong.

And nice to see vardy limping off. It was he who smashed Virgil van Dijk's foot , seemingly with a stamp, last season.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
What did you want Lineker and the two pundits to say? agree that Brighton were heading back to the Championship at the end of the season? because almost certainly that is what they would have said.

Lineker gets paid millions of pounds of our money to analyse football games not w@nk over his own team. Quite frankly I expect them to analyse the game not just talk about Mahrez (who I thought was OK today but not outstanding).

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The BBC pundits are lazy. They are amateur in comparison with the analysis offered by Sky. The reality is they know virtually nothing about the Albion right now and until we are involved in a game in which we actually create some chances and score a goal or two I doubt they'll go out of their way to find much out.

In fact, the level of analysis on MOTD is so basic I'm not convinced you even need to follow or know anything about football in order to hold your own on the sofa.

One thing that has become apparent since starting to watch Premier League programmes is that blanket coverage allows for very little depth and that most pundits are stealing a living. Apparently expert analysis consists of turning up, watching a game, or some highlights and reacting. It doesn't involve spending any of the week doing your own research or even discussing background with researchers. The Sky pundits that you say make BBC's look amateur were this afternoon questioning why Chris Hughton didn't pick Knockaert to start against City last week. None of them, not even Stelling, was aware of his injury in pre-season.

It's a quick lesson in ignore bad press and ignore good press. Their will be no depth and no consistency. We are now in the world of 606 calls where every team is either terrible or world beaters depending upon how the rub of the green may have gone that week. It's taken two weeks to get over the novelty of us being mentioned alongside the big names and to realise that the opinions being paid for are pretty much worthless.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought it was quite funny that they did not mention Brighton even once! Not once.

Why waste their time on a team that were shut out?

As someone linked on another thread with the Guardian write up this evening, the Albion offered next to nothing.

NSC's sensitive souls would have hated the MOTD pundits for criticising out play or uninspiring signings, so best left unsaid.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Hence why fan channels/football reviewers on YouTube are becoming more of a thing, MOTD is utter dross

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It's fair enough, if we showed any kind of attacking intent we would be mentioned. Currently we are happy to keep the goal difference down so until that changes it will be like this.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The only things they would have said would have been negative, and they'd have probably singled out Ryan for criticism. Apart from that, there really wasn't a lot for them to comment on.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
OK, so we were pretty poor today but the coverage on MOTD was shocking. Didn't show the disallowed goal and then the pundits just talked about Leicester for 4 minutes before moving on. Not even a word about any input from Brighton or what we need to do to improve/compete. I know Lineker is a Leicester fan but the bias in the coverage should not be allowed.
Disallowed goal ? He was so far offside even he didn't celebrate ???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thanks BBC for not exposing our shortcomings and keeping us on the radar

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
For the last few weeks we have been featured in press and on TV several times with the rags to riches story. Those things balance out; perhaps we shall be ripped apart in detail after losing to Watford and feel much better for getting analysts' coverage.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
They're keeping their powder dry. If we have half a dozen games with little return then they'll have a piece on how we're just not up to snuff and heading for the drop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here