Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester, but not the football

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Queues outside the turnstiles were very long due to only having one gate open on each and a stupid stop and search section which was incredibly slow moving.

Also their ticket scanner was rubbish so was taking everyone ten goes to get it to work.

Ps) catering stafff were on one of the biggest go slows I've ever seen.

All of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Decent away day, like always traveling North the football was the worse part

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Apr 15, 2016
N1D
Catering staff were extremely slow, the ques were way to long that I missed 10 mins of the second half and I went into the concourse before the 2nd half even started! Luckily I missed Harry Maguires goal though. Leicester fans on the train journey back were nice and the stewards were helpful.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I went in the ground at 2.20 - the queues were empty - and it took ages for the stewards to do their search.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Can we have those flame things please? 20170819_145630 - web.jpg

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I thought the layout of the terracing was good, the away support facilities were poor though the IPA was ok.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Pretty normal all round I thought. Decent enough pub nearby, very busy with the pints poured from the bottom gizmo for speed. A few 'jolly and gurny' away fans getting the singing going, a turnstile broken to slow entrance a little, one busted bog to frustrate any males with prostate concerns, and some of our fans being a little naughty during the game.
A few behind me from 'normal' professions like the rest of us I assume trying to tell pro footballers what they were doing wrong.
Just another 'away'.

Roll on Watford.

Pretty sure that bottom pour gizmo has given me gutrot. The magnet thing looked like it was rusted/rusting.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went in the ground at 2.20 - the queues were empty - and it took ages for the stewards to do their search.

We got there around the same time, i also thought the stewards were very thorough with the search.
One checked my ticket, then someone with a dog appeared, after that another steward gave me a full on pat down, he even got me to open my reading glasses case.
Luckily enough the bar code machine at the turnstile was working fine, after reading some of the other posts I'm glad I got there pretty early.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
We got there around the same time, i also thought the stewards were very thorough with the search.
One checked my ticket, then someone with a dog appeared, after that another steward gave me a full on pat down, he even got me to open my reading glasses case.
Luckily enough the bar code machine at the turnstile was working fine, after reading some of the other posts I'm glad I got there pretty early.

I got the dog treatment, although I wasn't expecting it at the time. Was getting search and then the dog stuck his nose where my arse was , I thought they're thorough .

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

The steward was unable to explain why we were subjected to such thorough (and slow) searches whilst the Home fans could just wander in unchecked. Let’s be honest if it was terrorist related security searching some of the home fans were a more likely fit.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Magnet things. I wondered why everyone was looking at the bottom of their glass/plastic tumbler.
I went in around 2:15. Search was thorough but only a handful of fans at that time. Gate reader took a few attempts so can see why a delay later. Didn't bother for a pint as the queue was bad.
Away pub was the Counting House. Friendly greeting by security rather than the eyeball and "you got ID?" (I'm 62).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The steward was unable to explain why we were subjected to such thorough (and slow) searches whilst the Home fans could just wander in unchecked. Let’s be honest if it was terrorist related security searching some of the home fans were a more likely fit.

I didn't even bother asking them questions, gave that up years ago as I have had a better reply when asking a brick wall a question.
I did think it was odd that he seemed surprised to see I had a pair of glasses in a case. Wasn't bothered at all about the bottle of water I had with me, I know some stewards remove drink bottle tops.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Got to Leicester early so went to see Richard III. He looked good.

Went to the boat pub thing (the Dry Dock) near the ground. Fine

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Magnet things. I wondered why everyone was looking at the bottom of their glass/plastic tumbler.
I went in around 2:15. Search was thorough but only a handful of fans at that time. Gate reader took a few attempts so can see why a delay later. Didn't bother for a pint as the queue was bad.
Away pub was the Counting House. Friendly greeting by security rather than the eyeball and "you got ID?" (I'm 62).

Those bottom fill pints are shit. My lager was seeping out of the bottom as I walked away from the bar. Lost about a quarter of a pint but couldn't be arsed to queue again and complain.

The Counting House was a shite pub. Saw a gang of Leicester Herberts picking on one of our shirters and his dad there after the game.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Strange moment when all the players lined up for a minute's silence only for the ref to tell them there wasn't one. Not seen that before.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Someone mentioned a cricket club bar on Friday, this was a thread about pubs.
We went to a cricket club that was about 5 minutes walk from the stadium, not Leicestershire CCC, just a local team.
There was a match being played, and they had a large bar but unfortunately it was closed.

I was the one who mentioned the cricket club on Friday. Sorry to hear the bar was closed yesterday. It was all open when I last went and there was a cricket match on. Seems strange that their bar was closed when they've got a match on, but things might be different now that's it Premier League football fans after a pre match pint. Championship league game when I last went and all was fine there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here