Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts from Oz

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
FFS sake, is there any chance you lot can shut up bloody whinging and slagging players off after just two, yes 2 , games? We are now in the toughest, biggest, most skillful league in THE WORLD, one of just 20 teams to be there this season. We have an owner, chief executive and manager who are universally respected within the game, a stadium to die for, and another 36 games to get behind and support our team for, yet many seem to want to hang a couple of seasoned international players out to dry already, WTF?

It has taken 34 years to get back to the top of English football, it was never going to be a walk in the park now was it? To all those complaining way too early perhaps you should either stand firmly behind our club and help the players to settle and play, or at least shut up bitching until November. The ingratitude is quite astounding. What happened to #together.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
FFS sake, is there any chance you lot can shut up bloody whinging and slagging players off after just two, yes 2 , games? We are now in the toughest, biggest, most skillful league in THE WORLD, one of just 20 teams to be there this season. We have an owner, chief executive and manager who are universally respected within the game, a stadium to die for, and another 36 games to get behind and support our team for, yet many seem to want to hang a couple of seasoned international players out to dry already, WTF?

It has taken 36 years to get back to the top of English football, it was never going to be a walk in the park now was it? To all those complaining way too early perhaps you should either stand firmly behind our club and help the players to settle and play, or at least shut up bitching until November. The ingratitude is quite astounding. What happened to #together.

Without (deliberately) reading the rest of the board today...

Those that really understand what it means to be an Albion fan, those that properly went through the shit, those that know what it means to watch us lose at Carlisle away in the bottom division...

They'll get it. They'll know.

Everyone else can moan as much as they like, that's the way of the football world in this day and age. Good luck to you all.

But those that know won't be too bothered by the opinions of those that don't.

If anyone thinks this post comes across as a bit 'superior'... - it is meant to.

This club wasn't formed in 2011, believe it or not.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Thoughts from Blighty. To be fair the away support sounded completely behind us (on the radio), and yes there are some whingers on here, but reading through I would say the vast bulk of sensible posters are still being, well, sensible. It always seems worse when you are far away.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008

It has taken 34 years to get back to the top of English football, it was never going to be a walk in the park now was it? To all those complaining way too early perhaps you should either stand firmly behind our club and help the players to settle and play, or at least shut up bitching until November. The ingratitude is quite astounding. What happened to #together.

Add to this, our two defeats have been to two of last three clubs who have won the Premier League. Tougher start than '79 in that respect.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Those that really understand what it means to be an Albion fan, those that properly went through the shit, those that know what it means to watch us lose at Carlisle away in the bottom division...

Everyone else can moan as much as they like, that's the way of the football world in this day and age. Good luck to you all.

If anyone thinks this post comes across as a bit 'superior'... - it is meant to.

It's equally possible to have seen us being beat 3 nil at Carlisle (might have been league 1 in fairness) and think the new keeper is as bad in relative terms as Graame Smith.

I totally accept that the worst that can happen is we get relegated with 50 million in our back pocket but there are sane voices arguing some valid points tonight in amongst the total dog shite that pollutes the site after a loss.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

It's quite possible to have supported the club through the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean years, and also be concerned by the early signs this season. If we put in some decent performances but still fall just short of what it takes to stay up, most people will think, fair enough. If, and I emphasise 'if' because it's only two games with new players still bedding in, but if it transpires that we have bought several expensive failures and routinely gift games to the opposition, people will feel disappointed - understandably so.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's quite possible to have supported the club through the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean years, and also be concerned by the early signs this season. If we put in some decent performances but still fall just short of what it takes to stay up, most people will think, fair enough. If, and I emphasise 'if' because it's only two games with new players still bedding in, but if it transpires that we have bought several expensive failures and routinely gift games to the opposition, people will feel disappointed - understandably so.

I can't believe people are already talking about 'expensive failures'. It almost sounds like you're moaning that the club has over spent, where as I thought the standard moan was that we hadn't spent enough.

We've played two games against the previous two title winners and we've lost them both, as 95% of the country would have predicted. I really don't think this is the time to panic.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Loudly applaud your sentiments but could you practise the same mindset re Brexit ... ie give it a chance? :wink:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Loudly applaud your sentiments but could you practise the same mindset re Brexit ... ie give it a chance? :wink:

Don't think there's any other option than that, is there?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Whinging Pom.

What gives? :shrug:

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta

Losing the first 2 games out of total of 38 games (also newly promoted) in one of the most competitive footballing leagues in the world is no reason to feel disappointed. If you're disappointed, it's just your reaction to reality not meeting your expectations.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I was at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean but I am disappointed by how we have performed in these games and set up. Do I support the team? Yes. Do I think we can stay up? Yes.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I'm not disappointed. I said that IF it transpires that we have bought badly and we go down with a whimper, people will feel disappointed.

It's been a tough opening and, no, of course nobody expected us to beat Man City or Leicester away. Equally, I can't objectively say that I feel reassured by what I have seen. Ryan's errors have done nothing to dispel the doubts expressed about him and, furthermore, the situation with Stockdale's contract and departure feels eerily reminiscent of the Murray contract saga in 2011. At the time, everyone tried to reassure themselves that CMS was a better replacement - after all, he came with a big price tag.

Then there is Davy Propper, whose displays seem to reinforce post-Danny Holla preconceptions about Dutch midfielders: plenty of class on the ball, but also need more time than you will ever get in the Premier League or Championship.

The point is, it's not disloyal to express doubts about these new players and it's not only the post 2011 JCLs who are doing so. It's not been a good start, but neither is it time to panic yet - they have time to come good.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Whinging Pom.

What gives? :shrug:

I walked away after last season feeling happy, job done etc, knowing I would rarely see my team in the flesh again. Seeing the whiners on here after just two games makes you wonder if TB should have spent his money elsewhere........

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Haven't seen anything from today yet but any rational outsider predicting our prospective results against Manchester City and then Leicester away would probably have gone for something like 2 defeats with 5 or 6 goals conceded. So we're about where we'd expect to be. A win next week would put us on course for our survival average of 1 point per game. Or a draw followed by victory over West Brom. In reality we might need to wait longer than that for a couple of wins in a row to get us on track.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Did you go today?
No, thought not.
And don't give me all that " how can I, I'm in Australia" bollox.
And you could have come last in the 'just back from the match' thread.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
FFS sake, is there any chance you lot can shut up bloody whinging

Same thoughts echoed from Canada.
More moaning threads on here than ever before imo, even worse than the Hyppia days.

Many people on NSC must surely be embarrassed at themselves.

We are a poor Premier League team, as things stand.
We will hopefully get a bit better and add some decent players.
We will lose many games this season.
Hopefully we will survive and improve to another level next season.

Just accept these facts and try to take some positives from the games each week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here