Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Chris hughton unsackable this season !!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Nobody is unsackable but I think he is pretty safe at the moment.
He does have a reputation of being too defensive in the premier league.If we have a good go but fall short then I think people will accept that but if we continue to play in a way where we just want to limit the damage then I think a change might be made.We have spent 34 years waiting for this let's not disappear without a trace.It must be worth pointing out that both opening goals in our first 2 games came from individual mistakes & that can't be down to the system we play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He would have to royally screw things up and disgrace himself around the training ground for TB to doubt his credentials. As long as he has the support of the dressing room then he will remain in the role and rightly so

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It wasn't a degree course. He studied corporate governance for less than a year after leaving Naarich.

If he left before the end of this season, we would replace him with a scrapheaper on a short-term contract, like Allardyce, who wouldn't be popular with the fans or able to effect the necessary immediate impact. We'd then start next season with someone unproven, having lost a club legend.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sadly I don't think Hughton - or any manager in the Premier League - is unsackable, looking at a whole season from August.

But the fact we are having this discussion in the first place highlights a very unpalatable aspect of modern football, given what he has achieved with the club.

And I am confident that he will be given as fair a crack with Bloom as he would with anyone, which is some comfort. We knew we were going to get some beatings this year and the wins would dry up, no time to panic just yet.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
No he is not unsackable .

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Nobody is unsackable but I think he is pretty safe at the moment.
He does have a reputation of being too defensive in the premier league.If we have a good go but fall short then I think people will accept that but if we continue to play in a way where we just want to limit the damage then I think a change might be made.We have spent 34 years waiting for this let's not disappear without a trace.It must be worth pointing out that both opening goals in our first 2 games came from individual mistakes & that can't be down to the system we play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boik

It's TWO games. TWO games and people are starting dozens of threads chock full of negativity. These same people are probably the ones that laugh at those up the road when they do the same thing. Can't we just try a bit of "supporting"? Yes, we've obviously missed pace and an outlet up front, but Knocky is back, Izzy II will start to feature and we will sign a striker. Bit early to write everything off.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's TWO games.
This. :lolol:

And not just two games, but home to the champions elect and away at the champions of 15 months ago. It would be understandable if we'd look shocking and been beaten badly against undoubted relegation rivals, but that isn't the case is it?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's TWO games. TWO games and people are starting dozens of threads chock full of negativity. These same people are probably the ones that laugh at those up the road when they do the same thing. Can't we just try a bit of "supporting"? Yes, we've obviously missed pace and an outlet up front, but Knocky is back, Izzy II will start to feature and we will sign a striker. Bit early to write everything off.

Yeah, this NSC the home of bed wetting.

Two very tricky games to start, we haven't played badly, we're finding our feet, we will find our feet

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
In my head, any points gained from the first 3 games was always going to be a bonus as we settle in as a prem side and trying to bed in new signings. We have a very important two weeks coming up and it looks like we're going to get a pacy striker and potentially another midfielder as Kayal probably won't be ready until November, let alone a RB and another GK. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got another striker as well so it's going to be a busy couple of weeks, then with the international break and all signings in we will then start to see what kind of team we are going to be. West Brom at home won't be easy at all but lets see how we play against them. Think about it, this could be the team:

Ryan
Bruno---Dunk----Duffy----Suttner
Knockeart---Stephens/new signing---Propper---Izquierdo
-------------Brown/Gross
-------------New pacy no 9

For CH is unsackable this season as he will be the best man to get us back up. If we go down and come back up I would give him till Xmas the following season.If we're in the relegation places again second time around, he'll be gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here