Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Chris hughton unsackable this season !!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Murphy had a great game today.

What were you smoking? His chance at the start of the game should not have resulted in a Leicester break (which led to their goal). He was poor positionally when defending, slow closing down space and gave the ball away repeatedly (like the rest of the front 6).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we get relegated why should people want him to be given the chance to get us promoted to have another go at keeping us up. You have to say enough is enough at some time but I do not think that we will get relegated as I think that he will pull us round.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we get relegated why should people want him to be given the chance to get us promoted to have another go at keeping us up. You have to say enough is enough at some time but I do not think that we will get relegated as I think that he will pull us round.

He needs the tools - top flight quality forwards with pace and goals. Over to the recruiting team.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Don't think anyone in football's unsackable per se, but as long as Brighton don't endure a disastrous 2008 Derby-esque season, I'd trust CH 100% to get the best out of the the team for the foreseeable future:albion2:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Benitez did it with Newcastle. Anyway, we're 2 games in so it would be great if people could stop pissing their pants already. ****s sake. It's embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I can't imagine any circumstances in which I could be calling for him to be sacked at any point this season.

However, I have said since the summer that I am concerned that Hughton's approach seems to be defensive and a bit negative, whereas my firm belief is that no newly promoted team will be good enough to defend their way to safety and that the best chance we have is to take risks and go for it. I'm just not sure he's got that in him. If anything puts him under pressure, in my opinion it will be that reluctance to throw caution to the wind while we are losing games.
Agree with this 100%!!!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I can't imagine any circumstances in which I could be calling for him to be sacked at any point this season.

However, I have said since the summer that I am concerned that Hughton's approach seems to be defensive and a bit negative, whereas my firm belief is that no newly promoted team will be good enough to defend their way to safety and that the best chance we have is to take risks and go for it. I'm just not sure he's got that in him. If anything puts him under pressure, in my opinion it will be that reluctance to throw caution to the wind while we are losing games.
I agree, but at the moment there are not that many decent attacking options on the bench to change things. Terrible luck with injuries already, Baldock/Brown/Kayak all out. I'll reserve judgement until we've fully recruited and have played at least 10 games. Regardless I think he's earned a full season anyway, no doubt will be a tough season, with a fully fit and strengthened squad, I'm hopeful we'll be ok

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Good point,and well made.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016

I seem to remember that this is exactly what the Norwich fans were saying when we signed him up. He's not for changing if you listen to them. (I love him by the way)

So if he fails to keep us up we're let him try and get us back to a place where he's proven to fail ??

Burnley kept the faith with Dyche when going down and it's not exactly gone bad for them since getting back into the top flight!

Not saying it'll be the same with Chris, but he at least deserves the chance to try and do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here