Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15m spunked up the wall

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think Propper and Gross will come good. Not sure about Ryan. Next few games will probably tell us.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I think the pace and physicality of the PL will take some adjusting to, for both the players and us as fans. It has looked like a different sport to me so far.

We need to give the players some leeway to adjust, especially the new signings.

Propper looks to me like a quality player who is still calibrating his teammates and the demands of the PL. He is used to more time on the ball in the Eredivisie.

Suttner has looked ok overall but was clearly caught napping by a very good Mahrez. He has made better players look foolish over the last couple of seasons.

I am a bit concerned about Gross as he's clearly not adjusted yet to the physicality of English football. He need to whinge to refs less and scrap more.

Ryan I worry will be targeted on set plays. Jury still out for me (see other thread).

Support at the matches has been terrific. Whatever our early concerns, we need to stick with the team #Together. As I said, we need to adjust our PL expectations too.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spot on. Very early days. Let's cut them some slack. I think Ryan is the major worry. Aside from his mistakes which have led to goals, his reluctance to come for crosses is a real concern.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Gross and Suttner average championship players at best I have no clue what the are dong here, Ryan people are making excuses for him my heart sank when he blundered against Athletico good keepers just don't do that. Propper looks like he can hold his own in the PL. Stephens way to slow for the PL and out of his depth, fantastic championship player though when playing against the average sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHpp_5U7jus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZpY8jGq2rc

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think singling individuals out for criticism is not the way forward IMO. The bigger PL picture is far more worrying IMO as pace combined with creativity to unlock PL opposition is a must in order to survive and I can only see that in small pockets of our squad. It's fairly obvious you need goals to survive and the lack of any pace up front has to be a huge concern. Defensively I think we're fine and I would be happy to stick with the current back 5, no problem. But, when your constantly under pressure in this league it only serves to highlight defensive errors which most fans pick up on. They forget that when your on top in games the defenders are then the forgotten men as the strikers take all the plaudits. Not really fair is it.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Propper had a half decent game today I thought? Some lovely passing at times. He still needs to adapt a tad tho as was a bit slow at times using to ball which allowed Leicester players to nick it off him. How I saw it anyway....

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its going to be a white knuckle ride this season, start from the position that we will be relegated and every other outcome will be a bonus. Realistic expectations is what we must have and 'don't fire til you se the whites of their eyes'. Hold your nerve.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Gross and Suttner average championship players at best I have no clue what the are dong here, Ryan people are making excuses for him my heart sank when he blundered against Athletico good keepers just don't do that. Propper looks like he can hold his own in the PL. Stephens way to slow for the PL and out of his depth, fantastic championship player though when playing against the average sides.

We already knew about Stephens, well some of us did, he has to up his game this season. To slow on the ball, in challenging and when going forward. But we have to work with what we have.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
IMO we can't play 4-5-1 with the personnel we currently have. No one gets past the CF regardless of who that is. This is being addressed with the new Columbian but if we are going this way we need a stronger, quicker CF and for me someone quicker that Gross in the hole. I recently read an article from a Bundersliga 'expert' who said that Gross is not a no.10 and was in fact a box2box midfield player with excellent long passing. I've got to say looking at the first two games that may be right. He looks a bit lost and doesn't get close to the striker quickly enough to offer an option for me. Time will tell and it may be an adjustment to both the league and new players but I just don't see it currently.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Ryan has looked poor before and after signing. I think might have been a project but they have to teach him to hold a ball or really get rid of it. 3 bad games. He will have come here to start though obviously having been back-up at valencia. That situation felt odd at the time. It's not him as a fit but more his situation and that pressure on us and him. More worried about him than any outfield signing as he's unlikely to build much confidence in the PL for us.

Propper I'm not too surprised has been **** since coming in straight away. Felt he's need a couple weeks but really think it would have been Sidwell's one chance before his job to start becomes much harder. Holland are not great at the moment but he must have something to get in their squad. I think he's far, far, far more likely to settle in than Ryan in a couple weeks. We don't exactly do well with Dutch players though.

Basically yes OP they have been shite but I think the 15m..... headline is a bit over the top...... YET. Let's see after 10 games each if they have had more good ones than bad but so far are 0-3 and 0-2 for me it's true.

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Apologies if already posted.
Thought this was someone boasting about a high sperm count - easier to count 'em on a microscope slide

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here