Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15m spunked up the wall

theboybilly

Nope... he got caught in possession a couple of times but thought he was the only one of our players who kept the ball moving

Stephens however

I think Stephens will shine when he has a bit more up front to aim for. There is plainly no point in putting through balls for Murray and Hemed to chase - defenders will lap that up. Dale seems to have to check back all the time for another option. You can't expect Solly to provide the only attacking pace

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's the passing that is letting them down. But when Bruno passes to Solly, over his head, whilst blowing a kiss to his Wife, taking a drink from a bottle, chatting with CH, knotting up his bootlace and removing Vardy from Duffys pocket, well that takes seasons of playing together.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Propper is going to be very good for us. However Ryan reminds me of Brad Jones. Brad was with LFC for years and years and played about 10 games for a reason, he was pants although I think he did ok in Holland last season. Didn't Ryan play five games for Valencia over a few years without breaking though?
Good to see him develop and keepers are notoriously slow so here's hoping.

goldstoned

Mar 4, 2011
Bit harsh to say the least. Yes, both Ryan and Propper were absolute shite today but I seem to recall a certain S.Duffy putting in 3/10 performances in his first few games for the Albion (Newcastle away, Brentford at home), and he soon went on to become an invaluable part of the spine of the team that took us to the Premier League. Give the new lads a handful of games before writing them off once and for all for christ's sake:thumbsup:

And 3/10 was an improvement for Duffy who in his last 2 games for Blackburn scored 3 own goals and got a red card.

My thoughts:

Leicester got to the last 8 in the champions league last season
Man City got to the last 16. Since then they have spent £100 million+. On a team already worth a few hundred million

Not sure how many points we think we ought to have by now?

Appreciate that points earned and performances are a different thing. However the club have recruited pretty well without going nuts. Well enough for us get to the PL with a record signing of £4million. I might well be proven wrong but I'll trust them not to have bought £10million donkeys....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Ryan ....useless
Propper.....useless

What's next and who are picking these twats

So disappointing.....

Alas and alack, I agree with all those who think your extreme reaction is a tad premature.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Pathetic over reaction. 2 games against very very good opposition and you have decided to give up on 2 new signings already. Wow. Don't bother watching anymore then quite frankly. Where did you expect us to be after these 2 games with a very new look side?

6 points -- Goals For = 10 -- Goals Against = 0 -- Didn't EVERY sensible BHA fan think this?? Here is a nice song for those that did think that :lol: :lol: (hope you are well mate :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Poyningsgull ......useless

Who allows a **** like this to start any thread....

Errm I take full responsibility, [MENTION=6436]Poyningsgull[/MENTION] did send me a PM first asking me to approve and proof read his post, after careful consideration and a 3 hour MOD "cobra style" meeting with all of us present, we decided.......Hell yeah....go for it! after all It's not that often someone comes along and talks common sense! :)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Just me who thought Propper was one of our better players today then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an interesting one. He lost the ball carelessly at least three times all of them deep in our own half yet I agree with you. He looks like he's a very good player that is not used to our set up and how we play and is unaccustomed to the pace of the league. I feel that in a month or so once he's fully acclimatised to everything he will be a really important player for us.

Ryan on the other hand has made a whole lot less errors but I don't feel as confident in him as I do in Propper. I think maybe it's the nature of his position and the fact that he doesn't seem to dominate his box. He's done most of the things I'd want him to, he came out and dove at the feet of Vardy twice which was good to see, he claimed the loose balls around him, didn't panic with the ball at his feet but despite that he doesn't seem convincing. He lacks an imposing aura. Hopefully that will come sooner rather than later.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Gross and Suttner average championship players at best I have no clue what the are dong here, Ryan people are making excuses for him my heart sank when he blundered against Athletico good keepers just don't do that. Propper looks like he can hold his own in the PL. Stephens way to slow for the PL and out of his depth, fantastic championship player though when playing against the average sides.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Ryan people are making excuses for him my heart sank when he blundered against Athletico good keepers just don't do that. .
I'd suggest every single goalkeeper in the world has done just that on more than one occasion. Name me one world class keeper who hasn't dropped a clanger or two. Time will tell how good he is and confidence will play a massive part. My heart sank when I heard ironic applause from some of our fans today when he saved a shot. That's after TWO premier league games - some of our fans just don't deserve this club.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think the pace and physicality of the PL will take some adjusting to, for both the players and us as fans. It has looked like a different sport to me so far.

We need to give the players some leeway to adjust, especially the new signings.

Propper looks to me like a quality player who is still calibrating his teammates and the demands of the PL. He is used to more time on the ball in the Eredivisie.

Suttner has looked ok overall but was clearly caught napping by a very good Mahrez. He has made better players look foolish over the last couple of seasons.

I am a bit concerned about Gross as he's clearly not adjusted yet to the physicality of English football. He need to whinge to refs less and scrap more.

Ryan I worry will be targeted on set plays. Jury still out for me (see other thread).

Support at the matches has been terrific. Whatever our early concerns, we need to stick with the team #Together. As I said, we need to adjust our PL expectations too.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Welcome to my blocked list
Some people just don't understand it do they
We are a team that's going to struggle for a season end of
The fun part is getting promoted the reality is happening now !!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'd suggest every single goalkeeper in the world has done just that on more than one occasion. Name me one world class keeper who hasn't dropped a clanger or two. Time will tell how good he is and confidence will play a massive part. My heart sank when I heard ironic applause from some of our fans today when he saved a shot. That's after TWO premier league games - some of our fans just don't deserve this club.
Three games three mistakes is not they best start to his Albion career tbh but I agree no point vocally at games getting on his back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here