Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone genuinely think we'd get anything from our first 2 games?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
We were always going to get beat today. Leicester ain't no mugs. City were always going to outclass us last week. Dust ourselves off and go again. We will pick points up in the next 2 games providing Ryan doesn't start. :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't, but I did expect the team to be in a position to give Watford a game.

Not exactly the highest of bars to clear, and yet ...

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
No, we've got a better GD than I thought we'd have at this stage. We all knew this season was going to be tough, it'll take time to get used to the pace and quality but we will come good in the end.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We are playing less games, but it feels like a long season.
Th team has still to gel, CH (IMO) still doesn't know his first 11, so I still think it's early days before we start panicking.
So onwards and upwards, a win v Barnet and then onto a win v Watford :clap:

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
We were always going to get beat today. Leicester ain't no mugs. City were always going to outclass us last week. Dust ourselves off and go again. We will pick points up in the next 2 games providing Ryan doesn't start. :albion2:

i Didn't but to be honest i'd have hoped to have got one past Leicester today, i am not too confident for Watford either

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Was hopeful of a point in today's game but no, expected nothing from first two given our clear shortage of quality up front at the moment. Hopefully Jose and a new striker can fix that.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Our home form is key. Picking up the odd away win will be required. Didn't target Leicester as one of those given their performance last Friday night.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I thought we would have scored by now.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
My only problem today is that I didn't feel like we gave it much of a go. Against Man City I agree that our tactics were spot on and on another day we could have nicked a point against one of the best teams in Europe. If we had tried to go all out against City we would have been hammered. Today I saw very little desire to go forward with any pace, we didn't look as fit as Leicester and at times it looked like a training match. Towards the end of the first half Bruno, Dunk and Duffy passed the ball round at the back and it must have gone from one side of the pitch to the other 5 or 6 times with no movement ahead of them to give them any options. We need strikers so badly and I think we need two not just the one.

So in a nutshell I would have been delighted with one point after two games but in both games I feel like we have shot ourselves by making too many mistakes and putting ourselves under pressure.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Feared the worse for the first two games at least so neither shocked or too disheartened. Scorelines slightly better than I feared but performances probably slightly worse. Definitely not panicking though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I genuinely had no idea how we'd do! I suppose if pushed I might have had a guess at one point from these two games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we would have won both is Chris had shaved of his goatee.
We might even have won some points had he gone for a full Brian Blessed.

#TeamGoateeOut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here