Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give us a chance ffs.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Nice, refreshing thread, thanks. I was just about to impose an NSC ban on myself, but I'll postpone that for now. I feel sure that of the bottom sides after two (yes, that's just two) games, we had on paper the hardest two opening games, against the champions elect, and the 2015/16 champions. We predictably lost. I'm sure we all hoped something AMAZING would happen and we'd surprise everyone by winning them both, but we didn't, and it's not the end of the world. We have an imcomplete squad with new additions still getting to know each other, and it's far too soon to judge. I intend to wait until the end of September before I form any real opinion as to how this season is going for us.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Enjoying the ride and was there today. There is SOME pace in our side but we don't know how to exploit it yet. March and Knockaert will cause trouble but they need to get the ball on the half turn or pinged down channels. In fact this would've been the perfect tactic against high pressing Leicester. Midfield is currently very pedestrian. If Gross is such a good forward passed of the ball he needs to play in midfield and not as a no.10. Hopefully our Colombian will get us going to.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've been a fan/ supporter of BHA for 63 yrs. I now live in Northumberland and if I feel they have made a crap start to the season, i shall. It's called freedom of speech.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Always read back your posts for fear they may not make sense.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm loving being in the Premier League and I honestly believe we will stay up, but if you are discussing today's game, I'm sorry but you have to admit we were totally outclassed.That's not bed-wetting, it's a fact.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've been a fan/ supporter of BHA for 63 yrs. I now live in Northumberland and if I feel they have made a crap start to the season, i shall. It's called freedom of speech.

Congratulations, but if you want to be miserable, then please stick to the miserabalists threads.

:wink:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nice, refreshing thread, thanks. I was just about to impose an NSC ban on myself, but I'll postpone that for now. I feel sure that of the bottom sides after two (yes, that's just two) games, we had on paper the hardest two opening games, against the champions elect, and the 2015/16 champions. We predictably lost. I'm sure we all hoped something AMAZING would happen and we'd surprise everyone by winning them both, but we didn't, and it's not the end of the world. We have an imcomplete squad with new additions still getting to know each other, and it's far too soon to judge. I intend to wait until the end of September before I form any real opinion as to how this season is going for us.
How have we had the 2 toughest opening games? Man City yes but Leicester? Leicester were shocking last season. It is clear that we need some Premier League Ready additions to the squad to be in with a chance of staying up. Not moaning, just looking at things realistically. As long as we can stay in touch with the pack we can remain hopeful.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The outstanding memory for me today was, a shot during the game of Tony Blooms son hiding his head in his Dads lap and the look of anguish on TB'S face, before burying his face in his hands in the directors box. The look gave me the impression that he was far from happy and if I was part of the recruitment team, I think I would be slightly concerned.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
How have we had the 2 toughest opening games? Man City yes but Leicester? Leicester were shocking last season. It is clear that we need some Premier League Ready additions to the squad to be in with a chance of staying up. Not moaning, just looking at things realistically. As long as we can stay in touch with the pack we can remain hopeful.

Two sides qualifying easily from their Champions League groups. No other side can make a comparison like that.

Watford will give us far more chances.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If you feel they have had a crap start to the season, you go ahead and live in Northumberland. It's your right to :thumbsup: :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some appalling comments on NSC on some of the other threads about our start. Beaten by the title favourites in game one and a decent Leicester side on their day and although there are things to fix - players to come back, players to come in and players who'll need to adjust you would think the players are disgracing the badge. Analysing is one thing but there are some knobheads around here, there really are. We might go straight back down but Jesus give it 7 or 8 games before you wade in.

Never follow a match day thread ..especially if we are losing ..its just not worth it

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Leicester had a shocking first half of last season, but as I recall were resurgent in the second half.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Yep Leicester were pretty average today I think they will struggle. If we had a settled team and a sharper cutting edge they were there for the taking.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Some positives.

1. Our new players need bedding in, they'll come good.

2. We are above Palace having played two harder fixtures.

3. I challenge anyone to assert that we've dropped points away to the 2015/16 Champions and at home to potentially the most expensive squad in the world.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think for us, every game is going to be like a cup final, in the vein of thought, that we will fighting to win or draw, not lose too much to stay in the PL.
It's going to be hard to support from my armchair, office swivel chair or minimal games I can go to.
But whatever happens, I'll keep positive for us to do well and pick up points this season. UTA :albion2:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8078237 said:
That could be a problem for us, as we tend to freeze under pressure.

Perhaps everyone in the crowd should been given a clacker to help jolly them along a bit...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8078237 said:
That could be a problem for us, as we tend to freeze under pressure.

Perhaps cup final was a bit extravagant, I think I meant we should be up for every game as if to be something special!

Withdean Chappy

Jul 21, 2017
Westdean
Some appalling comments on NSC on some of the other threads about our start. Beaten by the title favourites in game one and a decent Leicester side on their day and although there are things to fix - players to come back, players to come in and players who'll need to adjust you would think the players are disgracing the badge. Analysing is one thing but there are some knobheads around here, there really are. We might go straight back down but Jesus give it 7 or 8 games before you wade in.

I wondered how long it would be before those who thought we would not only be promoted but would make an immediate impression,very difficult first two games and the affect on staminer will be an important consideration for the next few games

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea

All of this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here