Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeagullDubai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends where you start from. We finished last season with one point from 3 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which wasn't bad seeing we played all 3 games unprofessionally pissed.
    I quite fancy taking the night air!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by origigull View Post
      Over the last two seasons we have mostly played 4-4-2 and have created many chances to score but at the moment 4-5-1 does little to create the chances to score. Are we going to stick with 4-5-1 which is alien to us or revert to 4-4-2 and create chances, at least for the home games. I suppose we will find out at our next home game.
      We can revert to 4-4-2 when Baldock is back or when we get our pacy striker in the next 10 days.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Even though he's only been with us a short while, I think we're missing Izzy Brown's quality at the moment.

With his return and some pace up front, we'll do much better as the new players settle in.

I'd rather that we 'went for it' every game even with the possibility of heavy defeats.

We're going to stay up by scoring goals, not by shutting up shop.

Didn't work for Boro last season, won't work for us.
      "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
      - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015
      I hate the Daily Mail Doc Lynam's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dan The Man View Post
      Bought to go forwards, but feels like we've gone backwards, wouldn't win in championship with last two performances...

And want us more than anything to go forwards!
      Nope but it's very much a case of reality bites.

2 Not allowed!
      I'm less concerned about losing and more concerned about the lack of goals, or at least, goal scoring opportunities.
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      As I said I dont know just assumed

0 Not allowed!
      No but our armchair fans have
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter

0 Not allowed!
      Yep , we have gone so defensive , we have forgot how to attack and make chances
      Our passing is poor , the players seem to lack confidence, the work rate is not good enough for the premier league
      And where has our pace gone ,our passing is so slow and sideways ,
      Ryan seems to be worse than Stockdale
      So yes we are not as good as last year

0 Not allowed!
      Not gone backwards really, more of just a stagnation and as people have mentioned, team hasn't fully settled together yet and haven't got a true feel for the league yet. Only area you could argue we've "gone backwards" in is GK, MR has made a few questionable errors although it's too early to be as critical as I have seen some people be, he's shown bits of what he can do with his save against city in particular. Midfield will easily be an improvement on what we had before once it has gelled, whether it is enough for the premier league though remains to be seen. Defence no different to what we had before aside from Suttner, who wasn't great today in truth but again haven't seen enough of him. Bit wobbly at times but not a horror show. They definitely haven't regressed over the summer, it's about the difference in quality from a Marvin Sordell to a Vardy that they're coming up against, who can punish us for things we got away with in the championship.
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      I thought we had no chance against City just giving them the ball all the time for a soft training run for them. At home that does not sit well with me. I'll watch the extended highlights on Sky later today to see if we gave ourselves a chance to get something out of the game today but it's a tough fixture.

But overall it's impossible to say if we've gone backwards at this stage. Whether we compete against a good Watford team and the acid test against the Baggies, we'll know
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Washie View Post
      We did in the championship as well.
      That's because Hughton's version of 451 is often 901.