Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our weakest four players today

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Propper in the 2nd half showed glimpses that he is starting to pick up the pace of the Premier League. Some of his loose play so far seems to come from a lack of understanding of where his team mates like to receive the ball.

Johnny Cantor has his opinion, but I think he will change his mind in time as Propper irons out these wrinkles.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm not sure what Maenpaa has done wrong, but he never seemed to be likely to step up after Stockdale left. He's always looked good whenever I've seen him.

kjgood

I think Gross and Propper will come good. Ryan really worries me

I agree, think Propper was better today, but can get a lot better, but although its very early days I still have concerns about Ryan, Propper and Gross will be OK. For me Stephens was the liability in mid field in both games so far, far to slow on the ball got caught just about every time he was involved. Bringing players in from aboard and putting them into a team that also has to adjust to a better, stronger, faster, higher standard standard of football that it is used to as well, its always going to take time.

We did look more organised today, yes poor going forward but for me there were signs of improvement, one thing the team have to learn is once the whistle goes the game is on! no more playing yourself into the game. Keep calm it'll be OK in the end, but for the bed wetters you need to understand we are not going to win the league.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
How people can blame Ryan for the second goal I really don't know. Good corner. Looked a bit flat-footed but the fault has to be far more with the players in front of him for allowing the header. And he was quick off his line to make a good save at Vardy's feet. The first one, best not to dwell on that...

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ryan is terrible. The rest need a chance to bed in. Gross has a good touch & does a lot of running, Propper will do better with an option ahead of him. But Ryan is too small and literally parries everything. It's a big worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boik

What kind of "supporter" starts a thread with the title "Our weakest four players"? And anyway, aren't there enough player-bashing threads for you to jump on already. Still, I guess you'll all slink away again when we win.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
What kind of "supporter" starts a thread with the title "Our weakest four players"? And anyway, aren't there enough player-bashing threads for you to jump on already. Still, I guess you'll all slink away again when we win.

Agreed. Singling players out is a waste of time. Win as a team, lose as a team.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Someone who watched the game and deemed it worthy of comment.
And i didn't call it 'our weakest four players',did I? Numbnuts. I wrote 'our weakest four players today'
I'm dreadfully sorry if that displeases you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Someone who watched the game and deemed it worthy of comment.
And i didn't call it 'our weakest four players',did I? Numbnuts. I wrote 'our weakest four players today'
I'm dreadfully sorry if that displeases you.

Some of our fans take exception to any criticism of the players, mostly ones that don't go to many games in my experience. Absolutely nothing wrong with some constructive criticism or question of tactics/ players. What is the point of this forum if not?

Anyone who went yesterday will have seen that we are some way short of being up to this league at the moment. It won't stay like that but we are going to have to wait until after the window closes.

Knee jerk slagging off is another thing altogether and I don't think there has been much of that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd be more than happy to see Rosenior used at left back if Suttner can't make the grade over the next month or two. He was brilliant in that position the season before last and really stepped up. In addition to his skill and pace, we'll have another 'captain' on the pitch with Premier League experience. I think he'd help calm and focus the team.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We need to play Sidwell, said so last week. The new guys need time to bed in. kayal and Baldock's injuries now looking to be crucial. There is still plenty of time, but too many spineless defeats will be destructive to moral.

Agree, and disagree. Certainly you make a good case for Steve Sidwell. He has been there, seen it, and done it at this level. He would provide a good calming influence on the midfield, and keep us in the game for longer than we did yesterday. Give the new signings time to adjust to the rigours of the Premier League too.

I'm not sure I would call either of our defeats spineless though. After all we are still finding our way in the top division, and no one thought it was going to be easy did they?

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I'd be more than happy to see Rosenior used at left back if Suttner can't make the grade over the next month or two. He was brilliant in that position the season before last and really stepped up. In addition to his skill and pace, we'll have another 'captain' on the pitch with Premier League experience. I think he'd help calm and focus the team.
You meant Bong - right. Out and out left back.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Unfortunately I think our signings to date will bomb out, all poor or not the players you need to compete at prem level in a very average team. I'm hoping the Colombian will be an exception.

Given the business we have done I think we will struggle to mount a relegation scrap.

Hope I'm wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here