Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our weakest four players today

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Propper is in a similar mold of ryan harley. Nice player with lots of time, but we don't have it at this level.

Rewatching the first goal, you can see how disappointed dunk was with suttner for letting mahrez onto his left foot so easily. Other than that suttner was somewhat decent.

I'm not sure gross knew what he was meant to do, sit in the midfield or play high. Either way it was horrid whenever he got the ball.

Propper - is the a 30 day return policy?

Ryan- just shakey. I'm not that impressed with his footwork, he struggles with holding/parrying the ball into the right area.
First was his and suttner fault, but I'd expect him to hold the shot.
Second - the corner was in the 6 yard box. A goalkeeper with more stature or a better leap would be able to punch/catch the ball.

Thank goodness AK is back. A real breathe of fresh air and speed. We looked incredibly slow out there.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan needs dropping, that's my contribution

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Suttner did very well except the first minute against one of the best players in the league.

Gross is not good, too slow and can't complete a pass to save his life. Won't make team when brown is back.

Propper shows some class and if surrounded by prem players he would be very good.

Ryan is a liability, would drop him (and gross).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ryan is a worry, but so was Stockdale after his first few games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In pre season and last week Gross looked a good player but even good players have an off day but CH needs to get a grip or people will be saying that again he is showing that he is out of his depth in The Premier.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Were (IMO) the four new signings.

It's early days and obviously I hope that they're going to be good enough, but that's a 1/19 of the season over already and it's a concern.
Everyone else did ok I'd say. The CB's and Bruno do look at home at this standard.

Sidenote: thought Vardy was absolute ****. Vile, cheating, Steptoe-wannabee.

Agree on Vardy being vile

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Propper was one of our better performers. played some beautiful passes in the 2nd half as well as showing some very classy touches.
Suttner had a much better 2nd half. looked very comfortable going forward.
Gross was awful, correct move subbing him off 1st.
Ryan looked very shaky.

Agree with this, Ryan is a concern imo but then Stockdale looked a bit shit to start with

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Might be against the grain here but I don't recall Bruno completing hardly any of his attempted passes, especially in the first half.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Shock horror! Our new signings are either collectively awful and subsequently our whole recruitment set up is incompetent or the new players are taking some time to settle and understand fully the role that CH wants them to play

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Gross had a poor one and Murray looked well past his Prem expired date. Propper improved as the game went on.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We looked like a team who have never played at the pace required in the PL - which is exactly what we are. We know now what the pace even the 'mid-table' PLs play at. We'll get there - but it will take a few weeks. It's not at all a surprise the foreign players are even further off that level. We'llbe fine after the international break IMO.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
In my opinion, for what it's worth:

Ryan - solid for most of game but appeared at fault for first goal
Bruno- usual class act
Dunk- solid performance
Duffy- weak clearances and shouldn't be out-jumped at corners
Suttner - went missing in first minute - is he better than Bong /
Stephens - still too slow
Propper - one or two misplaced passes again, but showed a bit of quality in 2nd half without making any attacking impact
March - kept involved, but several mistakes
Murphy - worked very hard, probably our most likely attacking player before Knocky came on
Gross - totally anonymous
Murray - didn't get a look in.

Knockaert - our most dangerous player (as usual)
Hemed - see Murray

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I thought Propper was one of our better performers. played some beautiful passes in the 2nd half as well as showing some very classy touches.
Suttner had a much better 2nd half. looked very comfortable going forward.
Gross was awful, correct move subbing him off 1st.
Ryan looked very shaky.
Exactly my view.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Withdean Chappy

Jul 21, 2017
Westdean
Totally agree. I'd like to see Maenpaa, Rosenior, Sidwell and Knockaert start the next game instead of them. They can then gradually be blooded as the season goes on and hopefully start to look more comfortable.

Ryan in particular looks dreadful, totally out of his depth at the moment.

We've got a lot of work to do in what's left of this transfer window to bring in better quality and some premier league experience.

Presenters on Radio Sussex were very critical of Ryan, staying on his line rather than challenging in the box,however he must be better than his performance today

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
In my opinion, for what it's worth:

Ryan - solid for most of game but appeared at fault for first goal
Bruno- usual class act
Dunk- solid performance
Duffy- weak clearances and shouldn't be out-jumped at corners
Suttner - went missing in first minute - is he better than Bong /
Stephens - still too slow
Propper - one or two misplaced passes again, but showed a bit of quality in 2nd half without making any attacking impact
March - kept involved, but several mistakes
Murphy - worked very hard, probably our most likely attacking player before Knocky came on
Gross - totally anonymous
Murray - didn't get a look in.

Knockaert - our most dangerous player (as usual)
Hemed - see Murray
Will Pi*s off plenty on here, although Suttner really does not appear better than Bong. Very very average fullback. Thought we were suspose to be stepping up from Bong!!! With a much better fullback Mmmm.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Totally agree with the new 4 signings being the worse. I don't think they lack the commitment but are so not use to the speed and physicality of the prem. Gros is always falling over and getting caught on the ball. Propper just passes it sideways or gives it away. Suttner looks off the pace both attacking and defending. Ryan spills the ball and distribution isn't great.
Really hoping it's just a time thing and they will come good in a few games or so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here