Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our weakest four players today

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Were (IMO) the four new signings.

It's early days and obviously I hope that they're going to be good enough, but that's a 1/19 of the season over already and it's a concern.
Everyone else did ok I'd say. The CB's and Bruno do look at home at this standard.

Sidenote: thought Vardy was absolute ****. Vile, cheating, Steptoe-wannabee.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
We need to play Sidwell, said so last week. The new guys need time to bed in. kayal and Baldock's injuries now looking to be crucial. There is still plenty of time, but too many spineless defeats will be destructive to moral.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Totally agree.

At one point it looked like the team were intentionally not passing to an open propper just to try and maintain possession.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Let's be positive here and look instead for our strongest players. This is a quantum step change for the club and team. It will take a few weeks to bed in and then we can start to dissect the results in a negative way. I am personally loving it, mixing it with the big boys, what it is all about.

TNBA

TTF

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Were (IMO) the four new signings.

It's early days and obviously I hope that they're going to be good enough, but that's a 1/19 of the season over already and it's a concern.
Everyone else did ok I'd say. The CB's and Bruno do look at home at this standard.

Sidenote: thought Vardy was absolute ****. Vile, cheating, Steptoe-wannabee.

This is what happens when you sign players a few days before the season starts , we do this every year, you need to sign your players early to give them a chance to bed in

mike1901

May 12, 2017
lots of players first touch were appaling.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Def agree. We'd be better with Sidwell and Rosenior on the pitch over Gross and Propper on current displays. Ryan needs to sort it urgently. Would also add we look hopeless up top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I thought Propper was one of our better performers. played some beautiful passes in the 2nd half as well as showing some very classy touches.
Suttner had a much better 2nd half. looked very comfortable going forward.
Gross was awful, correct move subbing him off 1st.
Ryan looked very shaky.

D

Deleted member 2719

We need to play Sidwell, said so last week. The new guys need time to bed in. kayal and Baldock's injuries now looking to be crucial. There is still plenty of time, but too many spineless defeats will be destructive to moral.

Totally agree, you know what you get from Sidwell.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This is what happens when you sign players a few days before the season starts , we do this every year, you need to sign your players early to give them a chance to bed in

Agreed but you also need players who want to play with same level of commitment of Bruno/dunk/duffy

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It's a huge surprise players coming from another country in a different league are taking some time to adapt. Or not.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Forgot about that and good point. We really did pussy foot about trying to bring in new players. It started of well bringing in Gross early and i thought things looked promising.

We play 8 games less in the Premier league and we can even write off the first two off because the club has failed to rectify our striker crisis. All summer they have had. The rest of the signings minus the keeper look decent of paper.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Totally agree. I'd like to see Maenpaa, Rosenior, Sidwell and Knockaert start the next game instead of them. They can then gradually be blooded as the season goes on and hopefully start to look more comfortable.

Ryan in particular looks dreadful, totally out of his depth at the moment.

We've got a lot of work to do in what's left of this transfer window to bring in better quality and some premier league experience.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloom, Barber, Winstanley and The FA. (only because I refuse to include CH)

The season doesn't start 01.09.17 it started last week, preseason started 01.07.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was a bit perplexed with our new signings being so off the pace, but top championship players from last season holding their own. What I didn't like was our inability to string a few passes together for the majority of the match and handing it back to the opponents. In my opinion we need to calm down and hold possession a bit better, even if it starts to build with 5 passes from the back (sounds a bit Gus Poyet). And I think we should play 4-4-2 against the teams that probably won't be top 6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here