Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Really not so sure. To me it barely looked like Leicester got out of first gear.

Ryan is rubbish though, weird scouting for that one.

Why should Leicester stroll through this game ? I am sure that were they able to ,they would want 6. (Goal difference. )

I think you have been blinded by the Man City game. THAT was strolling.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I am a fan.
A howler in each of thecAt. Madrid, City and Leics games that resulted in goals every time granted but... many great saves as well

He is also part of a new playing style we are attempting - starting attacks from the back

Give it time...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
And where did you see it from - First goal poor defending, good save then nobody to clear, second goal poor defending nobody picked up their scorer.

I saw it on my television set .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Think the frustrations are there are plenty of decent second choice keepers that could have been brought in for 5 million.

Don't know how true it is, but Spurs were happy for Vorm to move on if a club came in for him to be a number 1.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not really working out, is it? How long do you give him? Can't afford for him to carry on as he is at the moment, can we? He might be a good a shot-stopper but he hardly inspires confidence, does he? Quite small for a keeper too.

Not working out yet, but I'm not ready to make the change. He will come good. He just needs to come good fast.

SamSmashby

Aug 14, 2012
Southwick
Give him time. Stockdale made countless mistakes, every keeper has a bad day. Admittedly should have done better today and he looks more like a winger, but he wasn't terrible against City.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
All the new signings have been poor and well off the pace. Given time I'm sure they will prove their worth.Would start Bong next week though.

RONALDEANO

Jun 29, 2017
Haywards Heath
I would love it if we could sign a goalkeeper that could catch a football...

In the last three games he's played in he has either near enough thrown the ball into the goal or fumbled it into their strikers. For me it's £5 million down the pan.

Either give maenpaa a go or try and recruit again. As far as I can see Ryan is a liability

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does he actually call himself Matty? If he does he definitely needs dropping. I don't have any issue with adding y or ie to a name where it works but this clearly doesn't. If you have a name which doesn't work with a y then just live with it.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
What a terrible signing and he is probably our top earner. David Stockdale is a clearly a better keeper so why did we not offer him the deal he deserved for his family and his future instead of paying 5 mill to Valencia and paying Ryan big wages. A real bad mistake by the club on this deal. Sorry to groan....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ryan is crap. End of...Holds nothing, pushes everything away straight back into danger areas...Begovic £10m ...Ryan £6m....i know who I'd rather have.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Just got back from the game.

It wasn't Ryan just doing his best Imperial Leather impression once again for the 1st goal. It was also :

1. He came out early for the 2nd half for a bit of confidence practice. One of the close range shots, a routine save a Sunday league keeper would make, spilled out of his hands and he semi luzzed it in the net. It was so bad it was laughable.
2. Duffy and Dunk not using him as a passing outlet after he almost got charged down twice in the 1st half. Cut our passing options out from the back.
3. The clear lack of communication from Ryan and body language all round. He reminds me of Tommy K by not coming off his line and inviting pressure onto the defence.

He needs to improve dramatically or be dropped sharpish.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Like several of the team he needs to cut out the simple mistakes. Unfortunately goalkeeper is a critical position where mistakes are very costly. He needs to shape up very fast, we simply cannot afford to give teams a free goal every game.

Hopefully he can prove himself to be an excellent goalkeeper but he needs to start showing it at Watford otherwise his position in the team will come under stronger and stronger scrutiny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here