Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
‘In hell SB, that practically makes you a stalker digging out posts from 2 seasons ago! And in true tabloid style, you frame me nicely. Anyway, the clues in the posts OTT narrative that anyone with any intelligence can deduce although I don’t hold much for that new flounce, what’s his name, Dolphin something or other? He seems to have a right cob on. Be gentle to him, and remember don’t differ from his opinion or you’ll be on his ever so exclusive naughty list.

Stalker - I don't think so.

Let's look at the facts together:-

- Locadia best performance for the Albion.
- NSC poster calls him shite.
- Other poster wonders if the myopic one has 'previous'.
- Goes straight to the most obvious place to find idiots talking out the back of their heads.
- Gets to post 24 (TWENTY FOUR)

That hardly makes me a stalker or Sherlock feckin Holmes, does it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Maty kept us in the game at a time when Arsenal were stringing twenty passes together without challenge. Game could easily have been over by galf time were it not for his tip over the bar and the one round the post. Bloke's a fantastic asset to the club :bowdown:

Agreed...really going to miss him in January

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Today is the day we realise how good he is, if anybody hasnt already, when he is replaced by either Button or Steele neither of whom are top Championship keepers. I am not sure which I prefer in fact I would consider the loan back of Stockdale who if fit and not overweight is better than both of those.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of us knew how good he was, when he arrived.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Today is the day we realise how good he is, if anybody hasnt already, when he is replaced by either Button or Steele neither of whom are top Championship keepers. I am not sure which I prefer in fact I would consider the loan back of Stockdale who if fit and not overweight is better than both of those.
Uh oh, 'championship at best' again...... We know he's bloody good and
Houghton is happy with the other two even if you're not, but whoever plays is on a hiding to nothing as they'll be compared with Maty.

Stockdale has had no meaningful football for ages, wouldn't go near him personally compared to two keepers that we've been coaching for months.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Uh oh, 'championship at best' again...... We know he's bloody good and
Houghton is happy with the other two even if you're not, but whoever plays is on a hiding to nothing as they'll be compared with Maty.

Stockdale has had no meaningful football for ages, wouldn't go near him personally compared to two keepers that we've been coaching for months.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

This is where NSC is so unfair.

I praise the players of the team I support and invariably the next game they play like, well me.
BG slags off the players of the team he says he supports and the next game they are world beaters.

I guess we should be grateful for BG's incite on all things football.

I would say I'm now betting on a clean sheet for the team I support, but I doubt the universe could handle the power of such opposing forces.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Why don’t you give the No.2 keeper a chance today and form your options on the performance you see against Everton? That’s what most reasonable fans would do.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

So we've signed two back up keepers...but you are saying the club called it wrong and would go back for a player who can't command a place on the bench of his current club ..even before seeing either of them play for us....hmmm..hey I am a tad nervous about whoever replaces MR but I'm willing to give them five minutes at least before calling into question the clubs recruitment and suggesting we sign a former goalie who's current credentials aren't that brilliant

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

How can you claim Button isn't a top championship keeper I don't know. He was first choice for a Brentford side who finished 5th and 9th, he was then first choice for Fulham as they finished 6th before playing nearly half the games when they won promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs. Of course he isn't as good as Ryan, few keepers are and thats why he's only our backup keeper. But I'd guess you've never actually seen him play, unless it was against us, so have no idea how good he is, and how much he may have improved under the excellent tutelage of Ben Roberts. I'd take what Maty Ryan and Chris Hughton have said in the press over your ill-informed opinion every day.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Not matter what he cant replace Ryan, he made some cracking saves last game, so we just need to hope our defence have their heads screwed on whilst he is away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can you claim Button isn't a top championship keeper I don't know. He was first choice for a Brentford side who finished 5th and 9th, he was then first choice for Fulham as they finished 6th before playing nearly half the games when they won promotion to the Premier League via the playoffs. Of course he isn't as good as Ryan, few keepers are and thats why he's only our backup keeper. But I'd guess you've never actually seen him play, unless it was against us, so have no idea how good he is, and how much he may have improved under the excellent tutelage of Ben Roberts. I'd take what Maty Ryan and Chris Hughton have said in the press over your ill-informed opinion every day.

That was when he was playing regularly but when he played in the cup game for us he looked very suspect. Watching the two play against us and on those game I would go for Steele.

The one unknown is how much influence Ben Roberts will have had on them, lets hope it is a lot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here