Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
not 100% I understand, he has done four or five double saves notwithstanding our centre backs and been MoM for me numerous times, I think he has earned/saved more points for us than any other player this season, I may have misread/understood your post :thumbsup:

Of course.

You wondering why in your time you've been blessed with watching quality Albion keepers?

My reply is basically:-
if the club signed or developed centre backs the way they do centre forwards, I doubt you'd look upon the 'keepers of your time quite so fondly, because they'd have to work a damn sight harder to keep the score down

I feel exactly the same about most of our 'keepers and I just about start with Eric Steele, but more so Graham Moseley.
But for every Leon Best the club has always had at least 3 Lewis Dunk's.
Or 3 Steve Foster's to 1 Mike Trusson.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course.

You wondering why in your time you've been blessed with watching quality Albion keepers?

My reply is basically:-
if the club signed or developed centre backs the way they do centre forwards, I doubt you'd look upon the 'keepers of your time quite so fondly, because they'd have to work a damn sight harder to keep the score down

I feel exactly the same about most of our 'keepers and I just about start with Eric Steele, but more so Graham Moseley.
But for every Leon Best the club has always had at least 3 Lewis Dunk's.
Or 3 Steve Foster's to 1 Mike Trusson.

I was lucky to see Peter Grummit in the mid 70’s. Another brilliant keeper.

The exception to all these greats .... Graeme Smith. Enough said.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
The speed that he gets up the pitch when we score I'm surprised no one has suggested him up front. Two good feet, he could keep up with Izquierdo, I think I'm onto something :cool:

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Yeah. but if you have looked at the goals Matty has conceded, 4 inch platorm boots would have made all the diffference. Gary Nevile would have beenn the besEngland centre half ever had if he had been talller.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So get worried every time an opposition gets within 5 yards of any of our players? You must be pretty nervous!

It's a bit different when it's the keeper! And at Newcastle last week they got within a couple of yards a few times; at least it looked that way - but at the angle and height we were at, it's could have been a bit deceptive....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't stop looking at that picture.

Its ridiculous. He's the size of a ****ing HOUSE.

And it isn't a picture taken and posted by a fan / opposition fan, as a piss-take. Its from an official Birmingham City account. :mad:

Quite staggering really, given the analysis they undergo and available nutritional advice/monitoring. Looks like he’s got a double chin !

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
The way it works at Brum the bigger you are the harder you are - just have to get loud as well then you fit in just fine

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Kept us in the game after the first two went in. Love him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish he had a save to make yesterday then I'd be justified in :bounce:ing this bundle of joy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wish he had a save to make yesterday then I'd be justified in :bounce:ing this bundle of joy.
Liability.

Risked pulling a hamstring by running to celebrate Jose's screamer - clearly told to cut it out because he didn't move when PG scored. Add in a bit of crowd incitement by jumping the barrier at the end and posing for selfies and I want him nowhere near the club...

:jester:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Liability.

Risked pulling a hamstring by running to celebrate Jose's screamer - clearly told to cut it out because he didn't move when PG scored. Add in a bit of crowd incitement by jumping the barrier at the end and posing for selfies and I want him nowhere near the club...

:jester:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm perplexed by this post. When you see Hughton going mad on the touchline it instils madness on the pitch. This is down to CH, not Matty.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would love it if we could sign a goalkeeper that could catch a football...

In the last three games he's played in he has either near enough thrown the ball into the goal or fumbled it into their strikers. For me it's £5 million down the pan.

Either give maenpaa a go or try and recruit again. As far as I can see Ryan is a liability
Fumbled another into Charlie Adam today, get rid.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My favorite Albion player. Always rated Ryan

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Had nothing to do but save a penalty. It was from a sweaty for gods sake, don't sing it up too much, it's a sweaty.... and the sweaty hasn't played for a while:shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here