Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Stocko seems to have bulked up a bit (more)

2ca85255bdbd15a7d316161b405870a0.jpg

I can't stop looking at that picture.

Its ridiculous. He's the size of a ****ing HOUSE.

And it isn't a picture taken and posted by a fan / opposition fan, as a piss-take. Its from an official Birmingham City account. :mad:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It would be interesting if he just kicked it to the side of the pitch where all the players aren't. When there's a goal kick, it's very noticeable that every one of the 20 outfield players are to one side or the other of the centre spot. Just imagine if Izquierdo took up a position towards the centre of the pitch but still with all the others, knew what was going to happen, and Maty then simply kicked it into the wide open spaces of the other side.

Could catch them all out? It would only work once a game mind!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It would be interesting if he just kicked it to the side of the pitch where all the players aren't. When there's a goal kick, it's very noticeable that every one of the 20 outfield players are to one side or the other of the centre spot. Just imagine if Izquierdo took up a position towards the centre of the pitch but still with all the others, knew what was going to happen, and Maty then simply kicked it into the wide open spaces of the other side.

Could catch them all out? It would only work once a game mind!

A classic rugby tactic, SWITCH. It causes pandemonium and is entertaining

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A classic rugby tactic, SWITCH. It causes pandemonium and is entertaining

In American Football there have been a few instances of the punt receiving team faking out the kicking team - one of the receiving team appears to move towards the ball, ready to make a catch, and all the onrushing players converge on him. Unfortunately for them, the ball is over on the other side of the pitch and a lone receiver makes the catch and has a virtually free run for a touchdown. Brilliant to see and works like a charm.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In American Football there have been a few instances of the punt receiving team faking out the kicking team - one of the receiving team appears to move towards the ball, ready to make a catch, and all the onrushing players converge on him. Unfortunately for them, the ball is over on the other side of the pitch and a lone receiver makes the catch and has a virtually free run for a touchdown. Brilliant to see and works like a charm.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ryan is joint second when it comes to Premier League saves.
He and Pickford at 71 are just 2 behind de Gea's 73.

Not bad for a player who won't last past October.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I hate to admit it, but in the 1970's I wore 4 inch platform shoes with gold stars on them (much better than standing on a milk crate in the chicken run at The Goldstone).

Matty's problems can be soved with 4 inch platform football boots.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Around 16min yesterday, Ryan cleared to Suttner who failed to connect with the ball.

Didn't matter. The ball stopped just short of the touchline - and pretty close to half-way too, IIRC.

Ruddy amazing distribution.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Kicked really nicely off both feet yesterday when receiving back passes. Matty Ryan is proving to be a very class act.

His two-footedness is quite outstanding. However, he does leave it a bit late sometimes - and I keep thinking 'he's going to be caught'. But so far, he hasn't been.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
His two-footedness is quite outstanding. However, he does leave it a bit late sometimes - and I keep thinking 'he's going to be caught'. But so far, he hasn't been.

I'm the same - I blame Stockdale! (who did get caught out sometimes)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I often think and wonder about the same and him being caught. He has proved his doubters wrong but could he be contributing to rhe amount of set piece goals we have conceded but not being tall enough to come out and punch the ball. If this has been mentioned sorry but havent read the whole thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is also third in high catches, not bad for a midget...
Joint 5th (8th) in the clean sheets table, not bad of a little fella probably in his first big boy bed.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
We have been blessed in my time watching the Albion with Kuipers, Stockdale and Ryan, we seem to almost always be safe with a keeper wonder why that is?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have been blessed in my time watching the Albion with Kuipers, Stockdale and Ryan, we seem to almost always be safe with a keeper wonder why that is?

Cos the club has always been able to poop out top quality centre backs, even when it's not even trying.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Cos the club has always been able to poop out top quality centre backs, even when it's not even trying.

not 100% I understand, he has done four or five double saves notwithstanding our centre backs and been MoM for me numerous times, I think he has earned/saved more points for us than any other player this season, I may have misread/understood your post :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If only March Knockaert Suttner and Bong were as good with both feet.
Before anyone else says it, Knockaert scored with his right foot yesterday.

In other news, that picture of Stockdale is horrendous. He wouldn't have been allowed to get into that shape here. Christ on a bike, no wonder he's kept just one or two clean sheets. Agility no longer his strength!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here