Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Not really working out, is it? How long do you give him? Can't afford for him to carry on as he is at the moment, can we? He might be a good a shot-stopper but he hardly inspires confidence, does he? Quite small for a keeper too.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Two defenders equally culpable. Triple witch hunt - hooray!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Effectively he's given the opposition a goal start in 3 out of 3 matches. Gonna have to improve dramatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A human being, and thus always likely to make mistakes - just like every other player on the field. Hopefully, will get more settled if we have a run of games in which we're a bit more comfortable giving him a chance to build up confidence to reduce the frequency or severity of errors.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stockdale got similar levels of grief when he first signed for the Albion. The Law Of Sod said that every single goal DS conceded in the first few games he played was placed freakishly in just about the only small section of the goal where it was pretty much unsaveable. Ridiculous IMHO to get on the new keeper's back earlydoors.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Burn him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that they will give him until after the next home game v West Brom and if still making mistakes will bring in Maenpaa and work on him on the training ground.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well that didn't take long ! I wonder when CH will become a target ?

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
New gk, never played in this league before. Remember De Gea making many howlers in his first year at United, as others have stated DS made some big mistakes for us too.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I honestly don't see why people think Maenpaa will be an improvement. He hasn't exactly shone against lower division teams in his cup run outs. He's done alright, but still conceded more goals than you'd expect a top championship keeper to do against league one and two sides. His rare first team appearances have shown nothing of note. I can only really remember one appearance in which he had to deal with one shot from distance that he made a meal of, and late in the game a cross went through him when he closed down the attacker at the near post (it late transpired that it was offside, but none of the players realised).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know that I am old but I am sure that the goalkeepers gloves they use now do not allow the same grip as bare hands did in the old days. Gloves were only used in wet weather.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Maenpaa will probably play in the Cup game.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. He couldn't establish himself as Valencia's number one. They got rid of him to Bruges (hardly a football giant). If he wasn't good enough for the Spanish League why would we think he would be for the Premier League?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here