Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
He's a brilliant keeper and has been excellent all season but his one flaw at the moment is his long range kicking. He regularly puts a few straight out of play conceding possession. He did it at Everton two or three times when we were really struggling to get hold of the ball.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Potential to be best keeper we've had I think
I'm not disputing that, much, but do wonder if Maty's greatness is exaggerated by the views at the start of this thread.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I reckon many people may well be regretting what they posted earlier in this thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon many people may well be regretting what they posted earlier in this thread
It's lucky this is a tolerant forum, who's motto ought to be 'forgive and forget' :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He's a brilliant keeper and has been excellent all season but his one flaw at the moment is his long range kicking. He regularly puts a few straight out of play conceding possession. He did it at Everton two or three times when we were really struggling to get hold of the ball.

Not sure it’s a flaw. He tries to be very precise, often aiming for a player right on the touchline, so the margin of error is very small between hitting the player and sailing over his head into touch. Bound to happen 2-3 times a game - would rather that, with the regular very good kicks to decent positions than a big hoof down the middle. Stockdale was the same - it’s obviously something the coaching team work on.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lucky he was so close to the ground:-

Db8DCGCX0AA4Xuv.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here