NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Probably one that hadn't been archived digitally. I stumbled across a couple of C64 disks a few weeks ago that were the same. Probably rarer to get big money for them unless they are really rare - mail order ones normally.

It was almost certainly a mail order one, it certainly wasn't a mainstream software company

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I hope they've designed it so you have to buy games on cassette tapes, plug a Walkman in, and wait at least 15 minutes for them to load. You'd feel cheated if you didn't have to work for it.
Nope. But the Spectrum Next guys have!

https://www.specnext.com/about/

I also bought a small device recently that has a small Arduino in that plays wav files of the cassettes to load into original machines

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Awww...I really wanna play Hungry Horace or Horace goes Skiing now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just remember the thriving black market going on every day in the playground, as we traded copies of all the games. I had C90 cassettes FULL of them, although I used to buy plenty of originals as well (and make copies).

"Ooh, you got Knight Lore ? Do us a copy at lunchtime mate..."

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still a lot more powerful than the VIC20 with 3.5k of RAM, 1 millionth of the power in the average laptop today

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
To think that it had 48k of memory or was there an upgraded 128k?
I was an avid fan and would programme away all night on it. Had this great idea to have a data base of all football teams with players, games, results etc. I did one for The Albion (probably in a box somewhere). Years ahead of my time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here