Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Using NBC Sports to watch Premier League games (including ours)

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
So does anyone know if there's anything stopping us from signing up to the $50 Premier League pass and using the NBC Sports app behind a VPN in order to watch Premier League games you can't otherwise get over here, such as today's game at Leicester?

Obviously you're not MEANT to do it, but seeing as they accept PayPal payment, which doesn't require an address, and you can fool their site into thinking you're in the US with a VPN, is this a pretty cost effective way of getting the games?

$50 works out at £39 and it's a one off payment for the whole season so way cheaper than a Sky Sports or BT subscription, plus you get more games.

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold

Anyone tried this?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oh balls.

So you need to find a friendly American with cable.

Been a while since I checked in with my cousin in Atlanta. Must be time for a catch up...

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
You're right. It DOES work.

It's up on my TV right now, super smooth. Just waiting to see how much delay there is

Is it still 0-0 on your TV? Happier times.

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
Hey, need some help regarding NBC and Paypal.

1. I created a PayPal account and added $50 to it.
2. I signed up at NBC
3. Now I want to pay and I choose that I live in the US and entered a US Zip code (Denver)
4. Now I choose Paypal as payment and a new window comes up (from PayPal) and it asks me to enter my CC info.....

Will the money be taken from my CC? I thought it would be taken from my PayPal account?

Confused. (never used PayPal before)

I have US VPN.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
You should have an option to sign in to your own PayPal account. Because you're behind the VPN it isn't recognising you so isn't directing you to your account page and instead assumes you want to set up a new payment through PayPal. Look for the option to sign in to your own account

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
I am logged in, it even says smth like "securely logging in" for 5 seconds and then I can see the fields to enter my credit card info and I also see my billing address. :p

Edit: I haven't added CC info in my Paypal account - if that matters.
I used bank transfer.

I´m also using different email addresses for NBC and paypal

Scandinavianseagulls25

Nov 27, 2003
I am logged in, it even says smth like "securely logging in" for 5 seconds and then I can see the fields to enter my credit card info and I also see my billing address. :p

Edit: I haven't added CC info in my Paypal account - if that matters.
I used bank transfer.

I´m also using different email addresses for NBC and paypal

I
So I removed the "one touch login" in paypal and tried NBC again.

Now it asks me to log in to paypal to pay - and after i log in - it still asks me for my CC :)

Anyway, can I use my CC? Or will NBC see that I´m not in US? I read somewhere on paypal that the seller can´t see who´s buying the service

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You're right. It DOES work.

It's up on my TV right now, super smooth. Just waiting to see how much delay there is

Out of interest is it 1080p and what's the delay like ? I have other services and I may get this but just not overwhelmed I will have to use VPN every time

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I
So I removed the "one touch login" in paypal and tried NBC again.

Now it asks me to log in to paypal to pay - and after i log in - it still asks me for my CC :)

Anyway, can I use my CC? Or will NBC see that I´m not in US? I read somewhere on paypal that the seller can´t see who´s buying the service
I don't think PayPal would share your credit card details. In this instance they're acting as the payment gateway so simply release the money to NBC on your behalf

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Out of interest is it 1080p and what's the delay like ? I have other services and I may get this but just not overwhelmed I will have to use VPN every time
The delay is unnoticeable but I don't know about it being 1080p. It's certainly HD and looks excellent, but I don't know how to feel if it's 720p or the full 1080

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dear experts.

I haven't tried anything like this before, so a few of questions:

Is the first port of call to use a firm like libertyshield to get VPN for this work, or is that unnecessary? (Costs £7 a month).

We'd use it on a three year old laptop with a good graphics card. Is that sufficient to get decent viewing?

Thanks.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Currently they are covering about 3-4 games for free and the whole 10 game schedule on NBC alternate channels -- the BHA vs Watford match was on the alternate which I was able to watch in a "soccer bar" in Chicago. I believe they covered 7 on that Saturday morning/afternoon so the other 3 were on weekdays or Sunday?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Dear experts.

I haven't tried anything like this before, so a few of questions:

Is the first port of call to use a firm like libertyshield to get VPN for this work, or is that unnecessary? (Costs £7 a month).

We'd use it on a three year old laptop with a good graphics card. Is that sufficient to get decent viewing?

Thanks.

Opera browser has a good, free built in VPN you should be able to use fine. Yes if the laptop has a graphics card that'll be no problem, more likely to be your internet speed that is potentially a problem.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here