Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Ryan is brave and a natural shot stopper. However he makes mistakes and most importantly is not big enough for the premier league. 10 days to sign another goal keeper.

Or at least give Menapaa a chance - as has been said elsewhere he has yet to have a bad game when he has played

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Our new signings woefully off the pace, the team as a whole easy to read, no real string of passes, one real shot on target, perhaps a 4-4-2 in hindsight with recognised forwards, not Solly March as a hopeful. Solly not willing to take players on, looking at buying in a 6'3 forward, another lump, when we need someone that can nip behind the back line and contribute a few goals, would that complete our signings for a season of hoofball? This is going to be a very, very long season, I want to see Albion supporter pics now and how many greys they have spouted from their heads come May.

However, I will be, as always, upbeat that we will survive.

Afternoon :wave:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Thought we were better in the second half. We came forward well but lacked that spark up front. I hope Brown and our nutty Columbian shake the tree a bit. Sheets dry.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The only good news, and I'm clutching at straws here, is that our four new signings were the worst players on the pitch, so hopefully they will get up to speed in time.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Hmmmm.

Negatives:

Very soft goal in the opening minute gave us a mountain to climb. Ryan and Suttner need to shape up sharpish or they'll be replaced by Maenpaa and Bong. The team as a whole needs to wise up pretty quickly, too many times we were caught in/gave away possession cheaply.

Positives:

It was pretty comfortable for Leicester but at least we had a go and made somewhat of a game out of it. We didn't crumble or let our heads drop. We kind of scored... Lewis Dunk is looking good. Knockaert got another run out and should be ready to start against Watford. When we get Knockaert, Brown, Isquierdo, March and the new striker playing in the same team we'll pose much more of a threat.

WE ARE ABOVE PALACE. :albion2:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hmmmm.

Negatives:

Very soft goal in the opening minute gave us a mountain to climb. Ryan and Suttner need to shape up sharpish or they'll be replaced by Maenpaa and Bong. The team as a whole needs to wise up pretty quickly, too many times we were caught in/gave away possession cheaply.

Positives:

It was pretty comfortable for Leicester but at least we had a go and made somewhat of a game out of it. We didn't crumble or let our heads drop. We kind of scored... Lewis Dunk is looking good. Knockaert got another run out and should be ready to start against Watford. When we get Knockaert, Brown, Isquierdo, March and the new striker playing in the same team we'll pose much more of a threat.

WE ARE ABOVE PALACE. :albion2:

We won't have Knocky, March, Brown and Isquierdo all starting in an 11. We'll be lucky to have 2 of those 4.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Just can't see us scoring a single goal with this team and that's a fact . Ryan how the hell did we get conned £5 million just can't hold onto anything . Going forward it's all to easy it like a pre season friendly I know it's only two games but it's crying out for pace up top hemed Murray not good enough need to b ruthless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes its only two games in but with zero points. When Knockaert came on we pushed a little harder but what we lacked was pace throughout the team as you said. We need to believe in ourselves a lot more and keep the ball better.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
At least we kept them to two. After conceding in the first minute and many of the players having a poor game, in my opinion, it could have been much worse.

Bloom was present today, he'll have noted our shortcomings and I'm sure he'll give Hughton every assistance that he can in strengthening the squad.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I took a lot of positives out of that. :glare:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We won't have Knocky, March, Brown and Isquierdo all starting in an 11. We'll be lucky to have 2 of those 4.

The starting wingers will be two of March, Knockaert and Isquierdo. The way Gross played today there's a good chance that Brown will be taking his place as no.10. The new striker will play plenty of minutes. Unless he's shit. Then he'll play only a fair few minutes...

By my maths that makes three or four of them playing. And the others coming off the bench.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I hope Arsenal win by three or more then at least we'll be in the safety zone, and I hate Arsenal.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Really? We ain't Real Madrid. I think squad rotation is a luxury CH cant afford.

Don't get your point, I was stating the bleedin obvious.

The starting wingers will be two of March, Knockaert and Isquierdo. The way Gross played today there's a good chance that Brown will be taking his place as no.10. The new striker will play plenty of minutes. Unless he's shit. Then he'll play only a fair few minutes...

By my maths that makes three or four of them playing. And the others coming off the bench.

The new striker could be a 6'3 lump, just what we need? And I personally believe we should revert to 4-4-2 against the 'non top 6', we seem comfortable on it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Son at the game said no passion heart or effort and two poorly conceded goals. Always a problem when signing players late. They take time to bed in. I suppose we need to learn from our mistakes quickly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here