Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Unfortunately Sidwell is not even on the bench. Surprising and disappointing.

Really?? If he isn't injured, then that is a mistake.

Propper and Gross need to held back as subs,introduced towards the end of matches once the pace drops. This would allow a degree of acclimatisation.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Such a shame. We got off on a good foot then Murphy loses the ball when we are fully committed and seconds later we are down. That said after giving it away all the time it is still only 1-0

Knockeart has a point to prove at Leicester to show he's a premier league quality player. The second half would be a great time to do it

I just hope he doesn't try too hard, he's much less effective when he does that rather than getting carried away. He just needs to just play his normal game, not try and win the game on his own (who just said that IS his normal game) :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Strange half. At times we had some good possession although didn't create much. At times we were also rabbits in the headlights!

Suttner, Gross and Proper all struggling with the pace of the game, that's not a coincidence.

Possession is the most irrelevant stat in football. A cliche, but so true, is it's what you do with it. LCFC won the PL with counter attacking and some key set piece headed goals. Sucker punching possession based teams.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Why is seagulls tv cutting the discussion during half time and just playing repetitive music. Is this just because I'm abroad, or is this how it's going to be all season?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Why is seagulls tv cutting the discussion during half time and just playing repetitive music. Is this just because I'm abroad, or is this how it's going to be all season?
Hope not.Rubbish music too

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Shocked that Sidders isn't even in the squad. Would have dropped Propper after his nightmare last week.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I just see what Murphy brings to the party anymore, hes been poor for the last 6 to 8 months.

D

Deleted member 2719

HT match stats.

Shoooooooooooooooooooooot.

BHA stats.PNG

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
All the players being criticised have come recently from other countries to join a team that are playing in a new league which is a huge step up from what they're used to.

It's funny to see names like Sidwell and Stockdale being thrown about given the fact that they were slagged off as not good enough when they first joined a team playing in a league they were used to while already being resident in this country. Given time to settle with the team they became fan favourites.

Tomori and Duffy were shite too remember!

There's even an article here about the fans criticism of Stockdale lest the grizzlers forget:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31422592

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If I had to listen to Warren aspinall every week I think I'd go mad.
Moan moan moan
If you sat next to someone as negative as him at the Amex every week you tell them to shut the f k up

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Stephens needs to adapt his game to not being the top dog in the middle of the park. He can do it - just another example of how we're going to be adapting and learning for the first few matches!

KTF :albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here