Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
When that first goal went in I feared the worst. They were better than us unsurprisingly. Not worried about no points just yet, there are a few of us down there!

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I said when Brighton bought Ryan that he wasn't good enough - a third string keeper at Valencia easily passed out by an 18 year-old. Said that my brother-in-law, who is a season ticket holder at the Mestalla, thought Ryan was a terrible buy - woefully inconsistent. For the same money Hughton could have signed Darren Randolph - a keeper who does have issues - but who has experience of the Premier League and has terrific reflexes and can haul in a cross.

To stay up Brighton need to score goals - and spending £15million on a winger will not do it. For the same money he could have got Shane Long and Jon Walters - two strikers who can score goals and who know how to slug it out in the PL - another option would be Charlie Austin. Without an experienced striker Brighton will struggle all season long.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
When can we expect Sam Baldock back to save us?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Son at the game said no passion heart or effort and two poorly conceded goals. Always a problem when signing players late. They take time to bed in. I suppose we need to learn from our mistakes quickly

Signing players late? Correct me if I'm wrong but, Izquerido aside, all of our signings happened before the league kicked off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Propper was poor again, slack in possession. Gross seems to be playing as an auxiliary forward, we got absolutely nothing whatsoever from him. Suttner skinned for the 1st goal, almost conceded a 2nd through another mistake, and generally doesn't do enough to close down. Ryan -another 'mare for the opening goal, and simply lacked the inches to keep the 2nd one out. All in all, the new boys have not started well at all.

Despite all that I thought we were ok in the first half and matched them for long periods, but without really threatening. 2nd half very disappointing, we looked lethargic and never really got going. I was waiting for us to wake up and have a real go at them, just never happened. We had no pace to trouble them, nobody really occupied them, it was all very comfortable for Leicester.

Early days, but we need the new recruits to find their feet sharpish. And we desperately need some PACE going forward, or we're not going to cut it in this league.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Still believe we were far better than last week. We were not overrun and we did manage to hold onto the ball for longer periods although we still gave it away far too cheaply. Don't forget Leicester knocked 3 past Arsenal.

Given our recognised lack of skill and pace up front the key is to make much better use of our free kicks in the opposing half, If we can excel with set pieces, the goals will surely come. The words almost stick in my throat but maybe its time to bring out Jiri.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really? We ain't Real Madrid. I think squad rotation is a luxury CH cant afford.

This.

Titting around with squad rotation, when you haven't got barely a PL quality first eleven.

Play best team in all the next 36 games, injuries permitting.

Play reserves in the pointless 2 cups.

As Barber said in the BT interview "Staying in the PL is everything".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still believe we were far better than last week. We were not overrun and we did manage to hold onto the ball for longer periods although we still gave it away far too cheaply. Don't forget Leicester knocked 3 past Arsenal.

Given our recognised lack of skill and pace up front the key is to make much better use of our free kicks in the opposing half, If we can excel with set pieces, the goals will surely come. The words almost stick in my throat but maybe its time to bring out Jiri.

Set pieces headed goals won't keep Brighton up. :facepalm:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Don't get your point, I was stating the bleedin obvious.

The new striker could be a 6'3 lump, just what we need? And I personally believe we should revert to 4-4-2 against the 'non top 6', we seem comfortable on it.

Get the 6'3 lump bit, but still not sure what is 'bleeding obvious' about team selections.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not going to lie I expected more from us today. We seem timid and nervous, certainly lacking any pace or threat in the final third. Let's hope Knockheart, the new winger and hopefully striker will change that. But the whole team needs a more positive mindset a bit like the second half versus Madrid.
I for one would rather die giving it a go then follow the middlesboro model.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here