Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm happy with our defence

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
On a positive note. I'm very happy with our back line. We're in a strong position. I wish Tomorri was here with us to make it stronger, but on balance I'm feeling good.

Man City scored 71 goals last term - more than any other team. That's 1.8 goals a game. We conceded no more than the average against a top side.

Today, I expect the likes of Solly to be working much higher up the pitch, as I think we have the quality to deal with Vardy (I hope).

I believe we can keep our goals against tally down below 50. That could play a critical role in the quest for survival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Are you some sort of mentalist, what sort of thread's this to start on a Saturday morning when we're all getting ready for a tough away day?! :eek:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd prefer it if Connor went off and had a full championship season, and someone like James Collins took his place on the bench.
But other than that, yes, happy days.

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree with you that our defence looks good atm, let's hope they stay injury free for the games we can potentially win.
Not sure if we can deal with Vardy though, not long to wait and see!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
On a positive note. I'm very happy with our back line. We're in a strong position. I wish Tomorri was here with us to make it stronger, but on balance I'm feeling good.

Man City scored 71 goals last term - more than any other team. That's 1.8 goals a game. We conceded no more than the average against a top side.

Today, I expect the likes of Solly to be working much higher up the pitch, as I think we have the quality to deal with Vardy (I hope).

I believe we can keep our goals against tally down below 50. That could play a critical role in the quest for survival.

Nice to know you're happy

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Are you some sort of mentalist, what sort of thread's this to start on a Saturday morning when we're all getting ready for a tough away day?! :eek:

Apologies. It's about the only thing I am happy about this morning.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Exactly. He's just set us up for a 5-0 spanking. What a clown. :nono:

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Exactly. He's just set us up for a 5-0 spanking. What a clown. :nono:

It's called setting the expectations bar low [emoji3]

Seriously, I feel positive going into today. I want that back line to embolden the midfield. We'll see Gross playing much higher up the field, pulling the team forward.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was thinking we'd lose at Leicester. But now I have seen this thread, I have absolutely no doubt.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
One CB as cover. I think our 4 CB are excellent, however I would like Goldson to go out on loan to a L1 or Championship team after such a life changing condition and for us to get in an experienced CB as cover. Someone like Matty Upson who can steer the other three with their EPL experience. Doesn't have to be anyone big but just someone who's been there, seen it and done it and who can put in a shift if needed.

Bong and Rosenior are great full back cover altho I know we are looking at another RB...if we didn't get one I wouldn't be worried.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I was thinking we'd lose at Leicester. But now I have seen this thread, I have absolutely no doubt.

I'm sure you'll be the 12th man that makes the difference.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sure you'll be the 12th man that makes the difference.

You've already proven yourself to be the 12th man, the rest of the bench, the waterboy, and the physio with this ridiculously poor quality thread. :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am reasonably confident with our defence but not totally convinced about all of them being up to the standard required but at this stage of the season no cause for alarm. I am however rather concerned about how deep March was either employed or pushed back against City and would like to see Mateju play on Tuesday night just to have a look at him and his ability or otherwise. I thought that Tyrell-Forbes having been bought might have been pushing for the right back spot but apparently not.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I like our defence too. I don't want March, Knockhart, Gross, Murray/Hemed, Propper added to it today though. Stephens yes but not the whole team a la Man City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here