Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Didn't he do well! 70 years in show business, I hope we hope we don't have to put up with ant and Dick for that length of time.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Could take or leave him really! I fully accept he's a bit of a broadcasting legend in this country, and was evidently a talented bloke. Personally, I think he might have become a little bit of of a parody of himself by the time he left Strictly, but I get why he's respected and, it seems, revered. Very much of his generation (no pun intended) perhaps?

Fair enough - I guess being just over sixty I've seen a hell of a lot him.
You are obviously a lot younger :blush:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Nothing more than a very very overrated painful presenter post 90's that the BBC failed to put to rest but the previous 40 or so years of entertainment can't be argued against.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another part of my childhood dies. He was a big part of my Saturday nights in the 80s, when I was too young for the pub.

RIP Brucie.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nothing more than a very very overrated painful presenter post 90's that the BBC failed to put to rest but the previous 40 or so years of entertainment can't be argued against.

What a sad, spiteful individual you are.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Polished, witty, charming, and talented, must have been tough being Brucie!

God rest your soul Sir, and thank you.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
RIP Sir Brucie!

I was just listening to a cracking 1/2hr of Radio 4's 'Just a Minute' and Wikipedia tells me that 'Host' Nicholas Parsons is 93 years old!!!....RESPECT!

I look forward to being around as long as these great stalwarts of entertainment....though, of course, not being quite as stalwartedly entertaining as them ...naturally!

RESPECT!

TNBA

TTF

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. A lovely, lovely man and a true entertainer.

Rest in Peace Sir Brucie.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The last of the showbiz greats.

As mentioned above google his appearance on Have I Got News For You.

Very few of that era (I can think of Ronnie Corbett and Bob Monkhouse) could roll on up in a different era and absolutely nail it.

That comes from years in smokey theaters perfecting their trade and not by appearing on a reality show.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here