• Yes

Votes: 59 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 166 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
There was a bloke I always remember from the Withdean era, great big fat bloke mid to late 50's. I always knew him as the Honey Monster. Always dressed head to toe in Albion apparel, including pin badges all over his coat and hat. Lived in Hove. Very grubby and you could guarantee smelt awful up close. He was always at the gates next to the Sportsman at The Withdean before every match without fail to get the players autographs. I have never seen him at the Amex and he never looked too healthy back in those days, always a fag hanging out his mouth. He is probably watching from the heavens these days but I hope I am wrong. Genuine classic character that is thrown up by football.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
IMG_20170818_164112.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
He got the nickname NS Wizard due to his Gandalf looking beard.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
BUT WHERE WAS HE WHEN WE WERE SHIT?!! No ones answered that, anyone 'representing' fans had better have been a regular at all previous grounds or they can do one. Not having a JCL cashing in on our promotion so shamelessly.

So, for the record, has this bloke been seen at Withdean, Gillingham and Goldstone back in the day?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Is that photo from last Saturday? If so, then his Wizardry is pretty impressive, because there is a guy in that photo (from the A21 supporters) who I saw in the WSU on the same day. Very strange indeed.
*have to say I didn't notice the Wizard at Colchester away about 8 yrs ago, the match was a Monday night I think, shown live on SKY and the away following was about 200. Bloody freezing it was. None of us were JCLs - well me mates Czech girlfriend who came along was.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There was an old man with a beard,
Who, as if by magic, appeared,
On the telly one day,
An Albion fan, yay or nay?
"Piss off", said NSC; you're just weird.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What I see is an idiot in a tatty fancy dress outfit claiming to be a wizard. He could do with a shave, too. And you really want him to represent YOUR club???

Blimey that's a bit harsh!
Every club has their characters, that in someway dress up to be different to the norm.
Heaven forbid everyone turned up in Albion PL tops, you wouldn't recognise anybody.
Even Newcastle have that fat bloke who wears that skin suit :wink:

Pistol Pete

Aug 15, 2015
Sits some where up behind us in the north west corner, seems like an absolutely great fella and total fan. I'm not sure what he knows but he is always smiling, when he is in his wizarding outfit it always cheers me up and love the we've got a northstand wizard chant. Thanks Fella!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What I see is an idiot in a tatty fancy dress outfit claiming to be a wizard. He could do with a shave, too. And you really want him to represent YOUR club???

Who exactly would you have liked to have seen on the programme?
I thought he was fine to be fair, I like people that don't take themselves too seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here