View Poll Results: Have you ever seen the North Stand Wizard at an Albion game

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    59 26.22%
  • No

    166 73.78%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 125
  1. #61
    Stupid IDIOT Ernest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    LOONEY BIN
    Posts
    35,894


    4 Not allowed!
    I thought he came across well on the programme, far better having him on than one of the usual types who HOG any media and PROCLAIM themselves as UBER fans

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #62

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agreed.......thought he came across as pretty genuine.
      Very much so
    • #63
      Sound of the Suburbs bn9 bha's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Newhaven SUSSEX BN9
      Posts
      10,176


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I thought he came across well on the programme, far better having him on than one of the usual types who HOG any media and PROCLAIM themselves as UBER fans
      Agreed
    • #64
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      922


      3 Not allowed!
      Here we go again, another attempt to out somebody as a JCL. He's probably seen more games than a lot of us put together, he may not have gone religiously home and away for the last 60 years, he won't always have had the distinctive look with the beard and I'm sure he's only dressed as a wizard a few times. I've been going on and off since the 80's and can only say that krispies would be a well known terrace "legend" due to him starting songs and being a bit left field. So let's stop the witch/wizard hunts, he seems alright to me.
    • #65
      The Disowned Masses
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      12,218


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Grassman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is that photo from last Saturday? If so, then his Wizardry is pretty impressive, because there is a guy in that photo (from the A21 supporters) who I saw in the WSU on the same day. Very strange indeed.
      *have to say I didn't notice the Wizard at Colchester away about 8 yrs ago, the match was a Monday night I think, shown live on SKY and the away following was about 200. Bloody freezing it was. None of us were JCLs - well me mates Czech girlfriend who came along was.
      That's Stuart Adams, who is as you say involved / leads the A21 club. He sits just behind me in the U West. That may have been from the Atletico game then
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

      Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog
    • #66
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      776


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Kid Frankie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There was a bloke I always remember from the Withdean era, great big fat bloke mid to late 50's. I always knew him as the Honey Monster. Always dressed head to toe in Albion apparel, including pin badges all over his coat and hat. Lived in Hove. Very grubby and you could guarantee smelt awful up close. He was always at the gates next to the Sportsman at The Withdean before every match without fail to get the players autographs. I have never seen him at the Amex and he never looked too healthy back in those days, always a fag hanging out his mouth. He is probably watching from the heavens these days but I hope I am wrong. Genuine classic character that is thrown up by football.
      Yes remember him ,does anyone remember a small bearded man in a wheelchair a dragging himself around often with a briefcase in his mouth from the Goldstone days
    • #67

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Here we go again, another attempt to out somebody as a JCL. He's probably seen more games than a lot of us put together, he may not have gone religiously home and away for the last 60 years, he won't always have had the distinctive look with the beard and I'm sure he's only dressed as a wizard a few times. I've been going on and off since the 80's and can only say that krispies would be a well known terrace "legend" due to him starting songs and being a bit left field. So let's stop the witch/wizard hunts, he seems alright to me.
      There's no 'attempt', we all just want to know. But it's curious how no one (yet) has said they've seen this guy except at the Amex. So, someone tell me he's been going off and on for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th AGES of the Albion (see what I've done there? ) and I for one won't argue with his fan credentials. But I will if he's on the tele and only been in the JCL era. So, again, is this a Wizard with an Albion pedigree or are we taking Sauruman of many 'colours' (e.g. Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea or god forbide....'them lot')
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
    • #68

      0 Not allowed!
      Barry is a Wizard
      He wears a wizards hat
      And when we left the Withdean
      He said no **** that
    • #69
      Members Super Steve Earle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Work in Brighton
      Posts
      2,704


      0 Not allowed!
      So Newcastle have the fat bloke, Pompey have the tattooed tit. We had nobody till this week, then we literally broadcast to the world that we have our very own eccentric. Sorry, I'm out on this one
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!
    • #70
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      922


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There's no 'attempt', we all just want to know. But it's curious how no one (yet) has said they've seen this guy except at the Amex. So, someone tell me he's been going off and on for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th AGES of the Albion (see what I've done there? ) and I for one won't argue with his fan credentials. But I will if he's on the tele and only been in the JCL era. So, again, is this a Wizard with an Albion pedigree or are we taking Sauruman of many 'colours' (e.g. Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea or god forbide....'them lot')
      I've noticed your well in to this 'outing' people you consider JCL's. Do you know everbody who has attended since the goldstone days ? I certainly don't. He very very rarely wears the wizard outfit, he does it for a laugh, I've met him and as the interview with him would suggest he seems an alright bloke. Just give the jcl hunting a rest for a while.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •