• No

Votes: 166 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Here we go again, another attempt to out somebody as a JCL. He's probably seen more games than a lot of us put together, he may not have gone religiously home and away for the last 60 years, he won't always have had the distinctive look with the beard and I'm sure he's only dressed as a wizard a few times. I've been going on and off since the 80's and can only say that krispies would be a well known terrace "legend" due to him starting songs and being a bit left field. So let's stop the witch/wizard hunts, he seems alright to me.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is that photo from last Saturday? If so, then his Wizardry is pretty impressive, because there is a guy in that photo (from the A21 supporters) who I saw in the WSU on the same day. Very strange indeed.
*have to say I didn't notice the Wizard at Colchester away about 8 yrs ago, the match was a Monday night I think, shown live on SKY and the away following was about 200. Bloody freezing it was. None of us were JCLs - well me mates Czech girlfriend who came along was.

That's Stuart Adams, who is as you say involved / leads the A21 club. He sits just behind me in the U West. That may have been from the Atletico game then

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
There was a bloke I always remember from the Withdean era, great big fat bloke mid to late 50's. I always knew him as the Honey Monster. Always dressed head to toe in Albion apparel, including pin badges all over his coat and hat. Lived in Hove. Very grubby and you could guarantee smelt awful up close. He was always at the gates next to the Sportsman at The Withdean before every match without fail to get the players autographs. I have never seen him at the Amex and he never looked too healthy back in those days, always a fag hanging out his mouth. He is probably watching from the heavens these days but I hope I am wrong. Genuine classic character that is thrown up by football.
Yes remember him ,does anyone remember a small bearded man in a wheelchair a dragging himself around often with a briefcase in his mouth from the Goldstone days

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Here we go again, another attempt to out somebody as a JCL. He's probably seen more games than a lot of us put together, he may not have gone religiously home and away for the last 60 years, he won't always have had the distinctive look with the beard and I'm sure he's only dressed as a wizard a few times. I've been going on and off since the 80's and can only say that krispies would be a well known terrace "legend" due to him starting songs and being a bit left field. So let's stop the witch/wizard hunts, he seems alright to me.

There's no 'attempt', we all just want to know. But it's curious how no one (yet) has said they've seen this guy except at the Amex. So, someone tell me he's been going off and on for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th AGES of the Albion (see what I've done there? :) ) and I for one won't argue with his fan credentials. But I will if he's on the tele and only been in the JCL era. So, again, is this a Wizard with an Albion pedigree or are we taking Sauruman of many 'colours' (e.g. Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea or god forbide....'them lot')

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So Newcastle have the fat bloke, Pompey have the tattooed tit. We had nobody till this week, then we literally broadcast to the world that we have our very own eccentric. Sorry, I'm out on this one

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
There's no 'attempt', we all just want to know. But it's curious how no one (yet) has said they've seen this guy except at the Amex. So, someone tell me he's been going off and on for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th AGES of the Albion (see what I've done there? :) ) and I for one won't argue with his fan credentials. But I will if he's on the tele and only been in the JCL era. So, again, is this a Wizard with an Albion pedigree or are we taking Sauruman of many 'colours' (e.g. Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea or god forbide....'them lot')

I've noticed your well in to this 'outing' people you consider JCL's. Do you know everbody who has attended since the goldstone days ? I certainly don't. He very very rarely wears the wizard outfit, he does it for a laugh, I've met him and as the interview with him would suggest he seems an alright bloke. Just give the jcl hunting a rest for a while.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

Sorry I thought he'd only been here for a short spell

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The Millwall Brick ( who remembers or knows what that was), the Pompey Chimes ( the guy with the bell), any number of northern clubs where the fat bloke takes his top off and now the North Stand Wizard from Brighton. Nothing wrong with him or what he said, the fact that not many on here have seen him is unsurprising given the size of the crowd at the Amex. However for those who take their telescopes to games and pan around the crowd, you may have seen him. Do we know he's not NSC, I know no other person who is on here.

Lets not knock him, lets applaud him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've noticed your well in to this 'outing' people you consider JCL's. Do you know everbody who has attended since the goldstone days ? I certainly don't. He very very rarely wears the wizard outfit, he does it for a laugh, I've met him and as the interview with him would suggest he seems an alright bloke. Just give the jcl hunting a rest for a while.

Don't be so precious. And answer the question!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He's a really nice bloke

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes yes yes. We know that. But is he a JCL nice bloke? Or a diehard nice bloke?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When I saw the programme I thought that he must have been famous in the North Stand.

I thought his interview was very sincere, slightly eccentric but I thought he came across brilliantly well. You get these fans who get interviewed to represent their club and all they do is represent themselves. I really thought he was good and his comments about Brighton were ''heartfelt'' and ''meaningful''

Don't suppose you've got a link to the programme for those of us that missed it? Ta.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's Stuart Adams, who is as you say involved / leads the A21 club. He sits just behind me in the U West. That may have been from the Atletico game then

Was Bristol match at end of last season.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yep, seen him plenty on the North.
Went proper killer-wizard on me on the train a few years ago when I suggested Sami might actually be a bit shit

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here