Classic All Day Breakfast - £5.50

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Breakfast Roll - £3.30
Soup and Roll - £2.95
Portion of Chips - £1.80
Egg on Toast - £2.40
Are these good prices for London??

Depends on the quality. I'm sure there are lots of workman type cafes in the cheaper parts of east London and south London that do breakfast at similar prices, your. Your probably be surrounded by sweaty heavily tattooed men f,Ing and blinding every every word in the cafe whilst eating like pigs and reading the daily star but if price is all your concerned about !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tho arguably less odd than HASH BROWNS. At least chips are a native species.

Very arguably. I don't mind a hash brown, as a fry-up breakfast is pretty much the only context you get them in. They belong. I just get the feeling that with chips, they're used to pad out a fry-up that been a bit MINGEY with the bacon & eggs. Like an afterthought.

"Colin, this full english looks a bit sparse dunnit. Can I send this out ?"
"Yeah, just bung a few chips on the side, or something"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chips with fry up is lunch/dinner. :thumbsup:

Anyone who wants to eat chips first thing in the morning is a wrong-un, as far as I'm concerned.

The only POSSIBLE justification is to use them as a barrier to prevent the baked beans from interacting with the bacon / egg / toast (which as any right-minded adult would agree, is wholly unacceptable).

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Warrens cafe Newhaven.............proper old school and they let well behaved dogs in !

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very arguably. I don't mind a hash brown, as a fry-up breakfast is pretty much the only context you get them in. They belong. I just get the feeling that with chips, they're used to pad out a fry-up that been a bit MINGEY with the bacon & eggs. Like an afterthought.

"Colin, this full english looks a bit sparse dunnit. Can I send this out ?"
"Yeah, just bung a few chips on the side, or something"

Ideal potatoes for a fry-up are sliced and sauteed (if any, happy with a fried slice to provide most of the carby element meself)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8075610]There's some decent places in Farringdon where you can get a decent fry up with a cup of tea for around £3.50
Ferarris? Used to go there a lot.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
IMG_0192.JPG

The best cafe in London IMHO

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Ideal potatoes for a fry-up are sliced and sauteed (if any, happy with a fried slice to provide most of the carby element meself)

Definitely this or mashed potato that is either baked so that it has a golden crust (a la bubble and squeak) or fried.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Coffee and a cake now being advertised for £4, seems like decent value for London?

???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That weird Yank thing about sweet and sickly pancakes for breakfast: what gives?

Agreed, yuk. Along with hash browns - yuk. On the other hand, the Scots have a very weird breakfast ingredient all of their own - dumpy. Basically a round slice of heavy fruit cake - and actually rather wonderful! Sadly, harder and harder to find these days, as Scotland also falls into line with hash browns and tinned tomatoes. Square sausage on the wain too......ah well, it was good while it lasted (even if probably the most unhealthy food I've ever eaten!)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here