Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naming of individual stands

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Not sure if it has been mentioned on here before and apologies if it has , but with our new found status in the PL and the club looking to maximise commercial deals , how long will it bear before we start naming individual stands ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Tony Bloom doesn't like naming stands.He allowed the restaurant to be named after his granddad, but that's as far as it goes.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
wouldn't be in the slightest bit bothered if it was sponsored if it brings in more money.

Will for me forever be the east , west , north and south but if Thomas Cook (or whoever) want to pay us £5m to call it something then no big deal to me

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think we should have a Dick Head Stand.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've always felt Adam Virgo deserves a stand named after him, especially when you consider all those goals he so famously scored at Withdean.

not forgetting that goal at Leicester. a genuis suggestion.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I seem to recall that names were announced during our first season there, then quickly redacted when AMEX pointed out they had naming rights for the entire stadium and individual deals for stands was not permitted under that agreement.

I may have dreamt it, though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Amex won't let us name stands, how about sponsoring individual seats then? £150 to have a seat named after you (or your other half, your mum, your dog or whatever) for a season. Could be a nice little earner.......................

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Name the West Stand after Kemy Agustien as he liked 3 tier (cakes).
Name the South Stand after Elvis Manu as he was always AWAY offside
Name the East Stand after Sam Baldock as he is always off after 75 mins
Name the North Stand after Steve Sidwell. No reason required.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we were to ever go down the route of naming stands I'd hope we wouldn't go the corporate route and would instead name them after people associated with the club.

Who is going to pay big bucks to do that? Never going to happen imio

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bike shed could be called:-

'Get a car - although that will mean longer to get to and from the stadium, causing me more grief' Stand.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
West Ham have Bobby Moore and Trevor Brooking 'Stands' at the London Stadium, which are actually ends. Tsk.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here