Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naming of individual stands

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wilson Stand, Ward Stand, Towner Stand, Crumplin Stand, Lawrenson Stand, Sullivan Stand, Mellor Stand, Zamora Stand, Mayo Stand, Knockeart Stand, Ulloa Stand, Murray Stand, Dunk Stand, Calderon Stand, Rogers Stand, ...... Let's just keep it Commercial, who wants to name a stand £1m!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Can we name the North Stand after that wizard bloke?

I've been going since 1987 and have NEVER seen him before... does anyone on here know him? Has anyone seen him?! Or is it just me?

You'd have thought someone as distinctive as that and with such a legendary nickname would be absolute LORE and a GOD amongst us mere mortals...

Back on topic I'd like to see us expand our American sponsorship opportunities. If Amex would let us we could have the Pacific Bell End, continuing our fine tradition of not taking ourselves too seriously and cocking a snook at the general Football establishment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've been going since 1987 and have NEVER seen him before... does anyone on here know him? Has anyone seen him?! Or is it just me?

You'd have thought someone as distinctive as that and with such a legendary nickname would be absolute LORE and a GOD amongst us mere mortals...

I thought it was just me. I've never seem him, home or away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Back on topic I'd like to see us expand our American sponsorship opportunities. If Amex would let us we could have the Pacific Bell End, continuing our fine tradition of not taking ourselves too seriously and cocking a snook at the general Football establishment.

This reminds me of a Danny Baker quote, words to the effect of:-

'Millwall fans often say I'm not a real supporter because they never saw me before I was famous.
I'd ask them, how do you know you didn't, I wasn't famous then?'.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

'Millwall fans often say I'm not a real supporter because they never saw me before I was famous.

He stole that quote off Russell Brand being a West Ham fan.

This Wizard bloke is slightly different though. How many other Albion fans have you seen looking like a cross between 'Gandulf the great' and that nutcase Portsmouth fan with all the tattoos and demented hair, not to mention the shite bells he carries everywhere with him?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He stole that quote off Russell Brand being a West Ham fan.

This Wizard bloke is slightly different though. How many other Albion fans have you seen looking like a cross between 'Gandulf the great' and that nutcase Portsmouth fan with all the tattoos and demented hair, not to mention the shite bells he carries everywhere with him?

Blimey Baker says some snidey stuff on twitter and you're ready to side with Brand.
Danny was saying that when Brand wasn't famous at West Ham.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Rename the South 'Stand' an 'End' then name it after a player. Willie Bell perhaps?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Who is going to pay big bucks to do that? Never going to happen imio

So the Toyota Dick Knight stand would not work or whoever decided to put name in front

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The West Stand should be named the Tony Bloom Stand. And that should be it.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

A point well made but come on, he actually looks like a Wizard for god's sake!

And speaking of DB he and Danny Kelly used to love topics such as nicknames you and your friends have for fellow fans you always see at games but don't actually know.

On that basis there were tonnes of instantly recognisable people - there was the man with black rimmed glasses, a huge red conk, a long tash who smoked a pipe - naturally we called him Groucho Marx.

If we'd have spied the Northstand Wizard we'd have called him Gandalf or similar.

What others do other people remember?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here