Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naming of individual stands

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Future history may dictate the naming of a stand. If Hughton really did bring us success and was here long term to help build the club on all levels, that would be worthy of a Hughton Stand.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've been going since 1987 and have NEVER seen him before... does anyone on here know him? Has anyone seen him?! Or is it just me?

You'd have thought someone as distinctive as that and with such a legendary nickname would be absolute LORE and a GOD amongst us mere mortals...

Back on topic I'd like to see us expand our American sponsorship opportunities. If Amex would let us we could have the Pacific Bell End, continuing our fine tradition of not taking ourselves too seriously and cocking a snook at the general Football establishment.

I thought it was just me. I've never seem him, home or away.

I've been watching them since 1995.

I've never seen him either.

I've seen him – I was on the bus leaving the Amex a couple of seasons ago when I clocked him in the road. But I only remember him because he's the spitting image (face, build, beard – everything) of a guy I used to work with. Even a similar hat. Until that point I thought there was only ONE guy brave enough to pull that look off.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I've been going since 1987 and have NEVER seen him before... does anyone on here know him? Has anyone seen him?! Or is it just me?

You'd have thought someone as distinctive as that and with such a legendary nickname would be absolute LORE and a GOD amongst us mere mortals...

Live on the same road as him so I see him most days. Lovely chap. Think he sits at very back of N1B sort of area.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I've seen him – I was on the bus leaving the Amex a couple of seasons ago when I clocked him in the road. But I only remember him because he's the spitting image (face, build, beard – everything) of a guy I used to work with. Even a similar hat. Until that point I thought there was only ONE guy brave enough to pull that look off.

Live on the same road as him so I see him most days. Lovely chap. Think he sits at very back of N1B sort of area.

All sightings in the Amex era. It's fake news I tell thee...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nope never seen the Wizard before either and been going since 1980. Back on topic though the "Gary Hart Set of Tracksuits Stand" has a lovely ring to it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think every ground should be forced to retain North, South, East, and West Stands. Then you know where you STAND

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All sightings in the Amex era. It's fake news I tell thee...

Nope never seen the Wizard before either and been going since 1980..

Here's a picture of him dressed as a bloody wizard at the Bristol game that concluded last season.

IMG_20170818_164112.jpg

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not sure if it has been mentioned on here before and apologies if it has , but with our new found status in the PL and the club looking to maximise commercial deals , how long will it bear before we start naming individual stands ?

TB ruled this out at Bristol FF last November. Says it has been discussed and rejected by Board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here