Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobia in football - BBC news article

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
This.

I mentioned the homophobic abuse to a steward quite early on and he told me shut up, watch the game and to stop watching the Leicester fans.

Piss poor stewarding,

A chief steward at Barnsley last season provoked a skirmish by calling three Brighton fans rent boys and those fans received a three year ban for it.
So get involved with any stewards about this subject at away games, at your own peril.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A chief steward at Barnsley last season provoked a skirmish by calling three Brighton fans rent boys and those fans received a three year ban for it.
So get involved with any stewards about this subject at away games, at your own peril.

Getting involved with stewards doesn't have to include a skirmish, but then you knew that.
Writing down the stewards number, use a mobile to patients a photo and an email is more useful.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I actually find it vaguely insulting, as a football fan, when the media perpetuate the idea that crowds would give an out gay player fifty shades of abuse. I really don't think it is the case. But all the time that view is expressed, then it makes it, sadly, less likely that a player will feel it's worth coming out.

The first to 'come out' will get so much abuse from the terraces that there wouldn't be a second.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hopefully action will be swift and definitive ensuring a lot of the less enlightened fans see their chanting as less a bit of banter and more a huge no-no.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The first to 'come out' will get so much abuse from the terraces that there wouldn't be a second.

I agree in part. There would be loads of abuse but I think support would outweigh the abuse; however, that's not the point. No one should really have to because it is absolutely no one's business but his own.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here