Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middle Farm Cider/Perry barn.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
God I love that place.

Took my daughter out there to the farm today and couldn't resist a cheeky visit into that barn.

I tried a few (as you do) and bought a 6 pint carton of a Sussex dry cider. I can't tell the name as I've lost the label but the strength was officially "?#@$"%

No idea on it but christ is it strong!

I may have to spend the night here on the sofa as I don't actually think I can stand up. Head feels fine and I have focus but I think my legs have disappeared and sense of balance is somewhat lacking.

Tastes lovely though. Just wish I didn't have work tomorrow. Why did I decide to drink this on a school night and not wait until tomorrow?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Your spell check is working very well considering your alcoholic state! And yes, Middle Farm is wonderful, tempting and unfortunately only a mile from my parents house!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
God I love that place.

Took my daughter out there to the farm today and couldn't resist a cheeky visit into that barn.

I tried a few (as you do) and bought a 6 pint carton of a Sussex dry cider. I can't tell the name as I've lost the label but the strength was officially "?#@$"%

I may have to spend the night here on the sofa as I don't actually think I can stand up. Head feels fine and I have focus but I think my legs have disappeared and sense of balance is somewhat lacking.

Tastes lovely though. Just wish I didn't have work tomorrow. Why did I decide to drink this on a school night and not wait until tomorrow?

School Night? One how old are you? Two it's summer holidays

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I've been there a couple of times, good range but bloody expensive. The average strength for a real cider is about 7.5% ABV. Apparently it's known by many locals as Middle Class Farm.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Your spell check is working very well considering your alcoholic state! And yes, Middle Farm is wonderful, tempting and unfortunately only a mile from my parents house!

I can spell. It's missing letters that makes spell check invaluable.. And I have aware keyboard on my phone. Especially in landscape.

School Night? One how old are you? Two it's summer holidays

School Night/work night. Same,difference.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
I love Middle Farm. Gwatkins 'Blakeney Red' perry is a favourite

Den Gwatkin is a mate of mine. He's been Champion Cider Maker of Britain twice, suggest you try his Yarlington Mill cider which is the variety that won it for him both times. His Blakeney red is a good medium-sweet perry, for something a little drier, the Thorn perry is worth a try

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
We're regular visitors, spend an hour or so with our son running around, pop to the cider shed then usually lunch in the Barley mow round the corner.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We loved it too - many a weekend morning was spent there with our (then very young) kids enjoying the farm, barn and play area.

Other than the booze, their cakes and other foods are also fantastic.

The cafe's good value too.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Used to take breaks down the west country in the early 80's in a then settlement called Witheridge. Driving about we came across a scrumpy farm with cider straight out of massive (illegal) vats. Farmer was pleased to see us and showed us around the farm (illegal brewery). Came away with a few containers of the stuff which tasted beautiful. Went back a year later, indeed three years on the trot, but never found the farm again.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Dear God.

I don't remember this. If wasn't for a couple of notifications I wouldn't have a clue I did this.

Ive woken up with this hangovers before. I've woken up still drunk before.

And there is how I'm feeling now. This is a whole new level of pain.

Kill me. Someone. Please.

Off to work I go. I could actually cry right now.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
God I love that place.

It's temptation, the only way to get rid of it is to give into it, then it's gone.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Got severely ill once due to overload cider intake so can't go any where near it now, even the smell can make me want to throw up, but I do like apples and miss my favourite Discovery Apples.
Nothing like them here and I can't smuggle a tree in.
Could try smuggling pips, but it would take a long time till I got fruit.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
We go there every now and then to pick up chicken feed, and I always make an effort to check out the Cider and Perry barn after visiting the farm shop. Especially if it's winter and they're selling mulled cider!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Dear God.

I don't remember this. If wasn't for a couple of notifications I wouldn't have a clue I did this.

Ive woken up with this hangovers before. I've woken up still drunk before.

And there is how I'm feeling now. This is a whole new level of pain.

Kill me. Someone. Please.

Off to work I go. I could actually cry right now.

at least it's Friday

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We loved it too - many a weekend morning was spent there with our (then very young) kids enjoying the farm, barn and play area.

Other than the booze, their cakes and other foods are also fantastic.

The cafe's good value too.

Same here. My wife's uncle used to supply cider to them as well (Palmershayes 'Real Devon Scrumpy' from his farm in Mid-Devon) - not sure if he still does as haven't been there for a while. Must pop back sometime soon.

God I love that place.

Took some of our windfall to be pressed there and ended up making some rocket fuel. The sort that evaporated on your tongue and blew your balls off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here