Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion a hipster club!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does this mean the kiosks will become breakfast cereal bars?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
According to a Guardian article written in 2015:

"........through no great fault of their own, certain football clubs have become symbols of football hipsterdom and many of them seem to have a lot in common: an almost blanket lack of on-field success, a history of anti-establishmentarianism, the status of plucky underdog, a nice away shirt, hated rivals they regard as sellouts, trendy sponsors (or ideally, no sponsors at all), subsidised tickets, ties to various charities, a good relationship with their local community, and a tradition of grand gestures and tolerance towards minorities often traduced by supporters of more “mainstream” clubs".

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
There seems to be a lot of strange ideas on here of what is and isn't "hipster". But I think we can all agree on beards, especially for the ladies.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I bloody HATE hipsters, ruined the City.

I'd be interested to see your list of ways that "hipsters" have ruined the city. While you mull that over I'll give you a few examples of how old Brightonians have ruined the city:

- allowing huge swathes of old Brighton to be demolished, e.g. Churchill Square, Edward Street, North Street, Queen's Road, etc.
- not maintaining the seafront infrastructure including the West Pier and Madeira arches; and the green railings on Hove seafront
- not preventing their football club from being asset-stripped and nearly destroyed

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I bloody HATE hipsters, ruined the City.

image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here