Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruí Fonte

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
The SC Braga forward has signed for Fulham. He scored 11 goals in 26 games last season, 24 of them as a starter.

d88e5ecfef5c0e7b0d6f1102e1ab5aa0.jpg

I trust CH, Winstanley and co, but I feel like we missed a trick with him. We can attract better forwards, I'm sure, but what's your opinion on this?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Seems to have a very average scoring record at a lot of clubs.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We have scouts all over the place, so if we wanted him we would have got him.

We didn't want him, so I assume he's not good enough for us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So he is Secondary Striker and would have been in competition with Baldock, Groß & Brown. Perhaps we need one with the current injuries but maybe Jose is the answer or one of the flair U23s we've signed. Anyhow, he does not strike me as 'Premier League Ready'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably better than what we have but there are a host of Championship clubs who have better strikers than us. We have no choice but to wait for the rabbit to be pulled out of the hat before the window closes...otherwise we are not staying up.

I refuse to believe that the club will let us sink because we couldn't get the strike force we need but at the moment we are well short.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would say Murray is up there with the best of Champipnship strikers

He is and so is Baldock but he is a sick note and Hemed really isn't up to the Premier League imo. We need options and we haven't got any, yet some fans want another lumbering slow striker in Wood.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Probably better than what we have but there are a host of Championship clubs who have better strikers than us. We have no choice but to wait for the rabbit to be pulled out of the hat before the window closes...otherwise we are not staying up.

I refuse to believe that the club will let us sink because we couldn't get the strike force we need but at the moment we are well short.

I would agree with this. There is no way we would have spent what we have to date if we weren't going to invest in the strike force before the end of the window. It would not make sense.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He is and so is Baldock but he is a sick note and Hemed really isn't up to the Premier League imo. We need options and we haven't got any, yet some fans want another lumbering slow striker in Wood.
Baldock wouldn't make it in the top ten championship strikers now and never has and Murray being older would struggle to make top ten now.

True though that a fair few championship clubs have a better striker force than us:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here