Apr 28, 2004
London
Here we go again.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Reuters reporting 2 dead and two armed men have entered a restaurant in Barcelona after van crash :nono:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
'Driver flees scene' apparently.

bas.JPG

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Just spoke to my gf who is there visiting family atm. She was at placa catalunya just this morning. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who weren't as lucky and are waiting for more news :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It would not come as a shock to me if it was some Catalan independentista nutter trying to kill tourists with the current situation there.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I know the feeling, I'm going to Mexico soon... wasn't there a meteorite impact there a few million years ago that killed all the dinosaurs?

Bit of a stupid comment to come out with don't you think

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know the feeling, I'm going to Mexico soon... wasn't there a meteorite impact there a few million years ago that killed all the dinosaurs?

See. This is why terrorists are wasting their time trying to intimidate us. Hitler couldn't, the IRA couldn't and we basically take the piss out of anyone else who tries! Bravo Jimmy Jay, good on yer son!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It would not come as a shock to me if it was some Catalan independentista nutter trying to kill tourists with the current situation there.
Really? Is there a history of violent struggle for Catalan independence? I know about ETA in the Basque region but hadn't heard of this before...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really? Is there a history of violent struggle for Catalan independence? I know about ETA in the Basque region but hadn't heard of this before...

There has been loads of anti-tourist friction recently in Barcelona. Caused by cost of living being driven up by tourist demand - especially accommodation. Every other local renting out flats as air bnb, so nothing available / affordable to local folks.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/drive/anti-tourism-sentiment-in-barcelona/8791016

Growing anti-tourist sentiment turned violent last last week, when a group of activists slashed the tyres of a tourist bus near a football stadium in Barcelona and painted "Tourism kills neighbourhoods" across the windscreen.

They also broke the windows of some hotels and vandalised tourist rental bikes.

But, in truth, it will almost certainly be Islamic nonsense, won't it?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When will they realise these bullshit attacks aren't going to crack/change us

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here