Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona: Van hits crowds on Ramblas tourist area

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
There has been loads of anti-tourist friction recently in Barcelona. Caused by cost of living being driven up by tourist demand - especially accommodation. Every other local renting out flats as air bnb, so nothing available / affordable to local folks.

But, in truth, it will almost certainly be Islamic nonsense, won't it?

Probably

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There has been loads of anti-tourist friction recently in Barcelona. Caused by cost of living being driven up by tourist demand - especially accommodation. Every other local renting out flats as air bnb, so nothing available / affordable to local folks.

I agree, and Barcelona has got violent in recent times. But ultimately, yes, yes it will. It will be yet another Muslim twàt.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It would not come as a shock to me if it was some Catalan independentista nutter trying to kill tourists with the current situation there.

Total nonsense. It will be an attack by an Islamist.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/drive/anti-tourism-sentiment-in-barcelona/8791016

It's far more likely to be ETA, but no doubt we shall find out sooner or later.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Just spoke to my gf who is there visiting family atm. She was at placa catalunya just this morning. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who weren't as lucky and are waiting for more news :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Glad she's OK, crazy to think how close any of us can be to something tragic at any given time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
ETA are Basque seperatists, aren't they? Can't see why they'd do something in Barcelona.

Google how many car bombs they've exploded in Barcelona.

Having said that, this van rammed people outside of a Jewish restaurant, so it could be Islamic.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Depressing, not surprising, probably the usual suspects and will no doubt happen again. Virtually nothing any of us can do to stop or avoid it, but chances of being caught up in anything like it are still tiny. It's horrible, but I'm struggling to do much more than sigh and shrug and 'carry on'.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Glad she's OK, crazy to think how close any of us can be to something tragic at any given time.

Thanks, as am I!! Her sister works in one of the shops there and says that a few of the presumed dead are young children, families on holiday to have fun and then this happens...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two gunmen have entrenched themselves in a bar in Barcelona's city centre after a van drove through several pedestrians, several Spanish media report

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Clearly It's going to be ISIS

We need a coherent strategy for combating this, otherwise it's going to be on repeat for a long time

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Depressing, not surprising, probably the usual suspects and will no doubt happen again. Virtually nothing any of us can do to stop or avoid it, but chances of being caught up in anything like it are still tiny. It's horrible, but I'm struggling to do much more than sigh and shrug and 'carry on'.

Exactly this. It really is nigh on impossible to prevent terrorism like this.Yes, terrorists can be intercepted from carrying out attacks, but the ones not being monitored are free to carry out these horrific atrocities. Sadly, these attacks will happen over and over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here