Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona: Van hits crowds on Ramblas tourist area

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It would not come as a shock to me if it was some Catalan independentista nutter trying to kill tourists with the current situation there.

:ffsparr:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Clearly It's going to be ISIS

We need a coherent strategy for combating this, otherwise it's going to be on repeat for a long time

And there we have identified the problem. It's very difficult to have a "coherent strategy" on lone wolf or small terror cell attacks. The whole War on Terror was a ridiculous attempt in the first place and inflamed the situation. I'm not suggesting we do nothing, I'm just highlighting that there are very limited ways to deal with what is effectively a guerrilla war.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Particularly sad is the people who would rather film dead and injured people and then post them on social media that help the wounded

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Don't be an absolute prick your whole life.

Its a comment on what you said, you even offered a link, anti tourist protests you stated, shortly after people had been mowed down and killed, you sneeringly finished your point with an ironic, 'But, in truth, it will almost certainly be Islamic nonsense, won't it?'

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
And there we have identified the problem. It's very difficult to have a "coherent strategy" on lone wolf or small terror cell attacks. The whole War on Terror was a ridiculous attempt in the first place and inflamed the situation. I'm not suggesting we do nothing, I'm just highlighting that there are very limited ways to deal with what is effectively a guerrilla war.

Maybe you're right maybe you're wrong. We have no way of knowing how bad the situation would have been had America left Al Qaeda and other Islamic groups in place in the Middle East and Africa. This is why your opinion on the War on Terror is just that, opinion not proven fact. Remember that war was declared by Islamic groups on the west not the other way around. This is very often forgotten in the historical re-write.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Clearly It's going to be ISIS

We need a coherent strategy for combating this, otherwise it's going to be on repeat for a long time

How about we all convert to Islam, that would stop it wouldn't it?

Vulnerable white working class girls in UK cities should certainly consider it as a coherent strategy to prevent industrial scale sexual exploitation given recent events.......radical problems need radical solutions.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its a comment on what you said, you even offered a link, anti tourist protests you stated, shortly after people had been mowed down and killed, you sneeringly finished your point with an ironic, 'But, in truth, it will almost certainly be Islamic nonsense, won't it?'

Well done for taking my post entirely out of context.

The reason nobody else was stupid enough to read it like you did, is that I was very obviously responding to [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] explaining the unrest the other poster was referring to. And then made clear my view that THIS attack would no doubt be Islamic related.

'Sneeringly'? You're an idiot

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Maybe you're right maybe you're wrong. We have no way of knowing how bad the situation would have been had America left Al Qaeda and other Islamic groups in place in the Middle East and Africa. This is why your opinion on the War on Terror is just that, opinion not proven fact. Remember that war was declared by Islamic groups on the west not the other way around. This is very often forgotten in the historical re-write.

Ok, if we're going down that route........a group of Saudi funded, mainly Saudi nationals who apparently were Al Qaeda terrorists attacked America. The US response, which we assisted with, was to then attack and invade Afghanistan and Pakistan to try and defeat the Taliban, another "terrorist" group who up until that point, hadn't actually fought anyone outside their own country. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter etc etc.

Bush didn't follow the Saudi angle because there were too many American interests that would have been upset by that. Whilst it may be my opinion, I'm fairly certain that attacking an Islamic group that had no responsibility for 9/11 provoked a lot of the violence we have seen since 9/11 and abominations such as Guantanamo Bay have fueled the propaganda used by ISIS/Al Qaeda etc

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well done for taking my post entirely out of context.

The reason nobody else was stupid enough to read it like you did, is that I was very obviously responding to [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] explaining the unrest the other poster was referring to. And then made clear my view that THIS attack would no doubt be Islamic related.

'Sneeringly'? You're an idiot

Islamic nonsense, you said, well played .....

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here