Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

17 August 2011

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
On this day in 2011 we beat Cardiff 3-1 away Can you name the goal scorers and the Starting 11?

GK

DEF
DEF
DEF
DEF

MID
MID
MID
MID

STR
STR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. No I can't. :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
As I recall Barnes with a couple and Will Hoskins with his only goal late on. Seem to recall him racing away and blasting it in low and hard and me making comparisons between him and Dean Saunders on the back of it. I was incorrect.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Pretty sure CMS started and Hoskins came on late just before he scored.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As I recall Barnes with a couple and Will Hoskins with his only goal late on. Seem to recall him racing away and blasting it in low and hard and me making comparisons between him and Dean Saunders on the back of it. I was incorrect.

Always felt Hoskins could have been a very good player for us if it wasn't for his injuries. One example where we were genuinely unlucky as I don't think he had been injury prone before signing for us.

Agree re scorers. Think Barnes' second was a penalty. Remember it as one of our best Championship away performances. To take apart a team who'd regularly been in and around the top six over the previous few seasons was very impressive.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Always felt Hoskins could have been a very good player for us if it wasn't for his injuries. One example where we were genuinely unlucky as I don't think he had been injury prone before signing for us.

Agree re scorers. Think Barnes' second was a penalty. Remember it as one of our best Championship away performances. To take apart a team who'd regularly been in and around the top six over the previous few seasons was very impressive.

He was renowned for picking up bad injuries, he had one injury free city with Rovers, when he took us apart. but before that he had large injuries at watford and Forest.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
GK- Ankergren - Y

DEF- Calderon - Y
DEF- Greer - Y
DEF- El-Abd - N DUNK?
DEF- Painter - Y

MID- Buckley - N LOPEZ?
MID- Bridcutt - Y
MID- Sparrow - Y
MID- Noone - N LUA LUA?

STR- Hoskins - N CMS?
STR- Barnes - Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So Dunk for El Abd and CMS for Hoskins I am certain of.

Did Navarro and/or Dicker start in midfield?

Correct on both fronts.

Dicker also started, on player left to get, it wont be obvious, as im still struggling to work out the formation because of it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GK- Ankergren - Y

DEF- Calderon - Y
DEF- Greer - Y
DEF- El-Abd - N DUNK? Y
DEF- Painter - Y

MID- Buckley - N LOPEZ? N
MID- Bridcutt - Y
MID- Sparrow - Y
MID- Noone - N LUA LUA? N

STR- Hoskins - N CMS? Y
STR- Barnes - Y

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wasn't Barnes first goal a bit of a screamer.

From what I remember we started with a very defensive formation, no conventional wingers at all and 4 players all of whom could be considered central or defensive midfielders.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here