Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking at Leicester.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Having never drove to Leicester before, is it best to park at the ground, or are there plenty of other places around the ground to park, any help from someone with previous experiance would be appreciated.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Always found here OK. Ten minute walk to the ground.

Attachments

• Leicester Parking a.jpg
    Leicester Parking a.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 538

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Having never drove to Leicester before, is it best to park at the ground, or are there plenty of other places around the ground to park, any help from someone with previous experiance would be appreciated.

Asked my Leicester-supporting colleague about this yesterday. He said there is a decent amount of on-street parking if you're happy with a 20-30 min walk and suggested around the leisure centre at Aylestone (LE2 6LU) or in the Upperton Road area (the former is better for escaping after the game apparently, and there several roads that are 'residents only' in the latter so Aylestone sounds a better bet).

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Going for lunch at the Cricketers, Grace Road, Aylestone. Hope to be able to leave the car there. If not, there seems to be side street parking nearby. 20 minutes stroll from the ground.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I walked down from Leicester's railway station a few years ago towards the city centre early on a Saturday morning. I have never seen as much vomit from the Friday night in my life and that includes West Street. :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We parked not that far from Lineker Way/Street last time. It is a bit shabby round there though if you're fussy about such things.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When I last went, I parked at the rugby ground, which wasn't too far. Is that still a possibility?

Apparently so...saw reference to it on a Leicester board somewhere. The Lesiure Centre on Saffron Road also apparently has a few hundred spaces for a fiver each.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
If you do a google maps streetview on these streets they seem to be resident only or max 2 hours Mon-Sat until 8pm

Yes. I should have indicated the block of roads immediately to the south of that block.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Don't try the Morrisons or Odeon car parks near the ground as patrols will nab you. If you get there early you can park in the bus lane at the stadium end of saffron lane which is 5 mins from the ground. Otherwise Newarke Street Car Park which is 20 minutes (1 mile) from the ground and is £1 per hour. Plus the Criterion Pub is just round the corner which is a must for any real ale fans and very friendly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here