1st Day/Night Test, England v West Indies, Edgbaston, Aug 17-21 2017 2pm start

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He has not looked out of his depth, it seems to be more of a concentration issue.

The problem is the only player you have suggested is Hameed who is bang out of form and has technical issues against the short ball.

So essentially you are calling for people to be axed after two games, but have no suggestion / idea of who to replace them with.
I have no idea who to replace them with, as England appear to have tried almost every potential candidate to open and bat at three - and none have worked well. When Cook retires we really do have a problem (Root and Ali as openers?). Who is left to try?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Joe Root out... bowled for 136 (189 balls, 22 fours) ... seemed to duck in a bit from Roach and Root played all around it and was bowled through the gate.

287-3 (74.2 overs)

Partnership with Alastair Cook was 248 :clap2:

the lights are really kicking in now as the sun drops behind the stands... and the new ball due in 6 overs... not sure I would fancy coming in right now!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
288/3 Root clean bowled

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A 'life' for Malan... slashed at a wide ball from Brathwaite and it hit 1st slip on the arm and flew away. Lucky.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 298-3 (80 overs) - the new ball is taken... and we have an interesting 10 overs to come this evening!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 298-3 (80 overs) - the new ball is taken... and we have an interesting 10 overs to come this evening!

Unbelievably he hasn't taken it... Holder is continuing with the old ball.... I do not understand this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unbelievably he hasn't taken it... Holder is continuing with the old ball.... I do not understand this.

And Holder looks injured as well

Edit going off the pitch mid-over

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and now Holder has broken down with what looks like a thigh strain... and he is off.

Chase takes over and still no sign of the new ball. :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Incredibly they had to be told by a message from the coach to take the new ball :nono:

8 overs to go this evening.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
307-3 and only 3 wickets down with the 3 most destructive England batsmen up next - Innings defeat for the Windies I reckon.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dawid Malan hits Roach's swinging ball to the cover boundary for the 49th four of the day :clap2:

England 319-3 (85 overs)

5 to go this evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here