Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Day/Night Test, England v West Indies, Edgbaston, Aug 17-21 2017 2pm start

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England 153-2 (39.4 overs) :clap2:

Cook 67* Root 63* with 26 boundaries between them :)

Stoneman and Westley will be ruing their missed opportunity here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that as yet any new batsmen brought in this year have shown that they can make the step up to Test cricket. Perhaps I set my standards too high but failure is not acceptable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I do not think that as yet any new batsmen brought in this year have shown that they can make the step up to Test cricket. Perhaps I set my standards too high but failure is not acceptable.

You would undoubtedly have written Cook off when he scored 2 and 17 in his second Test.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Joe Root 51* (83 balls, 10 fours) :clap2:

His 30th fifty, with 12 hundreds in 58 matches..

50's in 11 successive Test Matches (only 1 behind ABdV now) :clap2:

England 130-2 (34.2 overs)

Given the quality of this Windies attack I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end the series ahead of De Villiers!

150 up, could get messy if they don't break this partnership soon...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
How is that a positive as it shows lack of technique and I am not so sure that either is what we need.

He has not looked out of his depth, it seems to be more of a concentration issue.

The problem is the only player you have suggested is Hameed who is bang out of form and has technical issues against the short ball.

So essentially you are calling for people to be axed after two games, but have no suggestion / idea of who to replace them with.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has not looked out of his depth, it seems to be more of a concentration issue.

The problem is the only player you have suggested is Hameed who is bang out of form and has technical issues against the short ball.

So essentially you are calling for people to be axed after two games, but have no suggestion / idea of who to replace them with.

I do not take much interest in county games now as it is all short form village green stuff which I dont like hence me asking others who is available.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Now Root overtakes Cook but both should be on for big Centuries unless they get themselves out.

What's the betting that when Malan does come out he gets a Golden?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ton up for Root

:clap2:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Both Cook & Root playing some loose shots, almost seems like they hold this attack in contempt...

Can we count this as a " First Class " match ? surely the standard of opposition renders the statistics irrelevant ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can we count this as a " First Class " match ? surely the standard of opposition renders the statistics irrelevant ?
The WIndies probably thought the same when playing us in the 70's and 80's!

Unbelievable how far they've fallen.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Anyone who remembers the Holding/Marshall/Garner/Roberts bowling attack must despair, they are Bangladesh level now which is terrible for World Cricket.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Anyone who remembers the Holding/Marshall/Garner/Roberts bowling attack must despair, they are Bangladesh level now which is terrible for World Cricket.
You might be doing a disservice to Bangladesh there!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here